Three late 1990s-era vehicles were taken from Wauwatosa streets during the past week.
According to the Wauwatosa police:
In two of the cases the owners recalled locking the car, and they could account for the vehicle's keys. In the first of those incidents, a 1999 Dodge Caravan was taken from a driveway in the 2500 block of North 71st Street between 8:30 p.m. Thursday and 6:50 a.m. Friday.
Similarly, a 1999 Plymouth Voyager was taken from the 6000 block of West Garfield Avenue between 10 p.m. Friday and 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
The next vehicle to disappear was a 1998 Chevy Suburban, which the owner had left running on the street in the 9500 block of West Ruby Avenue. She started up the car about 7 a.m. Friday to let it warm up and left it unlocked while she finished preparing for the day. Nearly $4,000 of snowboarding equipment and other items were in the car at the time of the theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (6)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building