Three late 1990s-era vehicles were taken from Wauwatosa streets during the past week.
According to the Wauwatosa police:
In two of the cases the owners recalled locking the car, and they could account for the vehicle's keys. In the first of those incidents, a 1999 Dodge Caravan was taken from a driveway in the 2500 block of North 71st Street between 8:30 p.m. Thursday and 6:50 a.m. Friday.
Similarly, a 1999 Plymouth Voyager was taken from the 6000 block of West Garfield Avenue between 10 p.m. Friday and 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
The next vehicle to disappear was a 1998 Chevy Suburban, which the owner had left running on the street in the 9500 block of West Ruby Avenue. She started up the car about 7 a.m. Friday to let it warm up and left it unlocked while she finished preparing for the day. Nearly $4,000 of snowboarding equipment and other items were in the car at the time of the theft.
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomo
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (20)
- Our newspaper website is changing