Three late 1990s-era vehicles were taken from Wauwatosa streets during the past week.
According to the Wauwatosa police:
In two of the cases the owners recalled locking the car, and they could account for the vehicle's keys. In the first of those incidents, a 1999 Dodge Caravan was taken from a driveway in the 2500 block of North 71st Street between 8:30 p.m. Thursday and 6:50 a.m. Friday.
Similarly, a 1999 Plymouth Voyager was taken from the 6000 block of West Garfield Avenue between 10 p.m. Friday and 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
The next vehicle to disappear was a 1998 Chevy Suburban, which the owner had left running on the street in the 9500 block of West Ruby Avenue. She started up the car about 7 a.m. Friday to let it warm up and left it unlocked while she finished preparing for the day. Nearly $4,000 of snowboarding equipment and other items were in the car at the time of the theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa elementary schools 'rich' with world language study
- Carmelite Home for Boys in Wauwatosa makes lasting impressions on local boys' lives
- Wauwatosa City Administrator Archambo gives an update on city's strategic plan
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality