Three late 1990s-era vehicles were taken from Wauwatosa streets during the past week.
According to the Wauwatosa police:
In two of the cases the owners recalled locking the car, and they could account for the vehicle's keys. In the first of those incidents, a 1999 Dodge Caravan was taken from a driveway in the 2500 block of North 71st Street between 8:30 p.m. Thursday and 6:50 a.m. Friday.
Similarly, a 1999 Plymouth Voyager was taken from the 6000 block of West Garfield Avenue between 10 p.m. Friday and 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
The next vehicle to disappear was a 1998 Chevy Suburban, which the owner had left running on the street in the 9500 block of West Ruby Avenue. She started up the car about 7 a.m. Friday to let it warm up and left it unlocked while she finished preparing for the day. Nearly $4,000 of snowboarding equipment and other items were in the car at the time of the theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- In Our Schools: Feb. 26