Wauwatosa Public Works crews started salting streets at 3 a.m. this morning and snowplow drivers are patrolling the roads to keep snow to the side and travel lanes open, Operations Superintendent Mike Kreiter said.
A few employees will stay on the job this evening to monitor road conditions and respond to emergencies. At this time, another citywide plowing operation is set to get under way at 10:30 p.m.
Public Works Director William Kappel has declared a snow emergency to begin at 11 p.m. and go until 7 a.m. Wednesday to allow for the plows to clean up the accumulation on the streets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?