Wauwatosa Public Works crews started salting streets at 3 a.m. this morning and snowplow drivers are patrolling the roads to keep snow to the side and travel lanes open, Operations Superintendent Mike Kreiter said.
A few employees will stay on the job this evening to monitor road conditions and respond to emergencies. At this time, another citywide plowing operation is set to get under way at 10:30 p.m.
Public Works Director William Kappel has declared a snow emergency to begin at 11 p.m. and go until 7 a.m. Wednesday to allow for the plows to clean up the accumulation on the streets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair
- First Responders Fest "humbling" for Wauwatosa's emergency crew leaders
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 30
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bavaria, relatively new, harkens to the old world
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30