Wauwatosa Public Works crews started salting streets at 3 a.m. this morning and snowplow drivers are patrolling the roads to keep snow to the side and travel lanes open, Operations Superintendent Mike Kreiter said.
A few employees will stay on the job this evening to monitor road conditions and respond to emergencies. At this time, another citywide plowing operation is set to get under way at 10:30 p.m.
Public Works Director William Kappel has declared a snow emergency to begin at 11 p.m. and go until 7 a.m. Wednesday to allow for the plows to clean up the accumulation on the streets.
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30