Wauwatosa Public Works crews started salting streets at 3 a.m. this morning and snowplow drivers are patrolling the roads to keep snow to the side and travel lanes open, Operations Superintendent Mike Kreiter said.
A few employees will stay on the job this evening to monitor road conditions and respond to emergencies. At this time, another citywide plowing operation is set to get under way at 10:30 p.m.
Public Works Director William Kappel has declared a snow emergency to begin at 11 p.m. and go until 7 a.m. Wednesday to allow for the plows to clean up the accumulation on the streets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school
- News and Notes: Oct. 16
- Wauwatosa considers extending North Avenue bikes lanes
- Wauwatosa West grad recognized for good deed, and it comes back to her
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 16
- The Malt Shoppe grand opening party is Oct. 24-26
- New Sodexo chef helps spice up Wauwatosa cafeteria food