Wauwatosa Public Works crews started salting streets at 3 a.m. this morning and snowplow drivers are patrolling the roads to keep snow to the side and travel lanes open, Operations Superintendent Mike Kreiter said.
A few employees will stay on the job this evening to monitor road conditions and respond to emergencies. At this time, another citywide plowing operation is set to get under way at 10:30 p.m.
Public Works Director William Kappel has declared a snow emergency to begin at 11 p.m. and go until 7 a.m. Wednesday to allow for the plows to clean up the accumulation on the streets.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23