Plans to demolish two houses to make room for another parking lot at Mo's Irish Pub have changed.
Movers have spent the afternoon today inserting steel beams under the 1,400-square-foot ranch house across the street from the restaurant at 431 108th Place.
By the end of the day, they expect to remove the house from its foundation, but it will have to remain on the property while permits to take the structure on the road are finalized at the city and state levels. The house will be relocated to West Bend within the next two to three weeks.
Owner Johnny Vassallo started looking into moving the homes late last fall after residential neighbors of the pub voiced opposition to demolishing two houses that were in good condition to put in asphalt pavement.
Mo's staff will work with the building movers to start preparing the neighboring house for moving over the next several months.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word
- Mayfair, Mayfair Collections in Wauwatosa seen as complements, not competitors