Plans to demolish two houses to make room for another parking lot at Mo's Irish Pub have changed.
Movers have spent the afternoon today inserting steel beams under the 1,400-square-foot ranch house across the street from the restaurant at 431 108th Place.
By the end of the day, they expect to remove the house from its foundation, but it will have to remain on the property while permits to take the structure on the road are finalized at the city and state levels. The house will be relocated to West Bend within the next two to three weeks.
Owner Johnny Vassallo started looking into moving the homes late last fall after residential neighbors of the pub voiced opposition to demolishing two houses that were in good condition to put in asphalt pavement.
Mo's staff will work with the building movers to start preparing the neighboring house for moving over the next several months.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum