Wauwatosa's next charter school could be based on the Montessori method, which employs a more free, self-directed approach to learning.
School Board members tonight will receive a report from Superintendent Phil Ertl about the district's interest in the possibility of creating a Montessori charter.
If you can't be there in person but want to stay on top of what's happening, we'll be using Twitter to provide real-time updates of the meeting. You can follow as-it-happens coverage of the meeting at www.twitter.com/israldebruin.
In addition, the board will receive a report on the district's gifted and talented program, a proposed contract revision for the Tosa School of the Trades, an update on the district's long-range plan and a possible policy revision regarding the district's relationship with its charter schools.
The meeting agenda can be viewed and downloaded here: www.wauwatosa.k12.wi.us/agendas_2010.cfm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Therapy program's art gallery opening is this weekend
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015 issue
- Meet new Wauwatosa Now reporter Rachel Minske during live broadcast Friday
- TIF terms for State Street Station project in Wauwatosa wins city approval
- Skatepark in Wauwatosa wins bid approval after years of fundraising (3)
- The Landing at Hoyt Park has become destination for local musicians
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 12-18 (1)