Wauwatosa's next charter school could be based on the Montessori method, which employs a more free, self-directed approach to learning.
School Board members tonight will receive a report from Superintendent Phil Ertl about the district's interest in the possibility of creating a Montessori charter.
If you can't be there in person but want to stay on top of what's happening, we'll be using Twitter to provide real-time updates of the meeting. You can follow as-it-happens coverage of the meeting at www.twitter.com/israldebruin.
In addition, the board will receive a report on the district's gifted and talented program, a proposed contract revision for the Tosa School of the Trades, an update on the district's long-range plan and a possible policy revision regarding the district's relationship with its charter schools.
The meeting agenda can be viewed and downloaded here: www.wauwatosa.k12.wi.us/agendas_2010.cfm.
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4