Wauwatosa's next charter school could be based on the Montessori method, which employs a more free, self-directed approach to learning.
School Board members tonight will receive a report from Superintendent Phil Ertl about the district's interest in the possibility of creating a Montessori charter.
If you can't be there in person but want to stay on top of what's happening, we'll be using Twitter to provide real-time updates of the meeting. You can follow as-it-happens coverage of the meeting at www.twitter.com/israldebruin.
In addition, the board will receive a report on the district's gifted and talented program, a proposed contract revision for the Tosa School of the Trades, an update on the district's long-range plan and a possible policy revision regarding the district's relationship with its charter schools.
The meeting agenda can be viewed and downloaded here: www.wauwatosa.k12.wi.us/agendas_2010.cfm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes: Oct. 15
- Public Forum: Police officers deserve support and thanks
- Wauwatosa fall leaf collection in progress
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 15
- Wauwatosa's Friends of Center Street Park to hold Fall Fest Oct. 17
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 15
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 19
- Thousands of items on sale at Wauwatosa Public Library in late October
- Wauwatosa School District to host 'Autism Insights and Strategies'
- Public invited to name baby giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo