Wauwatosa's next charter school could be based on the Montessori method, which employs a more free, self-directed approach to learning.
School Board members tonight will receive a report from Superintendent Phil Ertl about the district's interest in the possibility of creating a Montessori charter.
If you can't be there in person but want to stay on top of what's happening, we'll be using Twitter to provide real-time updates of the meeting. You can follow as-it-happens coverage of the meeting at www.twitter.com/israldebruin.
In addition, the board will receive a report on the district's gifted and talented program, a proposed contract revision for the Tosa School of the Trades, an update on the district's long-range plan and a possible policy revision regarding the district's relationship with its charter schools.
The meeting agenda can be viewed and downloaded here: www.wauwatosa.k12.wi.us/agendas_2010.cfm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- President Obama honored Wauwatosa's superintendent for technology integration
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- In Our Schools: Nov. 27, 2014
- Public Forum: State Street Station plan is too large for site
- Public Forum: School district steps up on west side sidewalks
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 27
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Arte Wine & Painting Studio
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus