Wauwatosa's next charter school could be based on the Montessori method, which employs a more free, self-directed approach to learning.
School Board members tonight will receive a report from Superintendent Phil Ertl about the district's interest in the possibility of creating a Montessori charter.
If you can't be there in person but want to stay on top of what's happening, we'll be using Twitter to provide real-time updates of the meeting. You can follow as-it-happens coverage of the meeting at www.twitter.com/israldebruin.
In addition, the board will receive a report on the district's gifted and talented program, a proposed contract revision for the Tosa School of the Trades, an update on the district's long-range plan and a possible policy revision regarding the district's relationship with its charter schools.
The meeting agenda can be viewed and downloaded here: www.wauwatosa.k12.wi.us/agendas_2010.cfm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West student fights through cerebral palsy to black belt
- City committee approves TIF terms for Mayfair Road apartments
- Local pets receive blessing at Tosa Methodist church
- Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa draws interest from universities
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- East Tosa BID rejected
- Man killed in rollover crash on southbound 45
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2