Wauwatosa's next charter school could be based on the Montessori method, which employs a more free, self-directed approach to learning.
School Board members tonight will receive a report from Superintendent Phil Ertl about the district's interest in the possibility of creating a Montessori charter.
If you can't be there in person but want to stay on top of what's happening, we'll be using Twitter to provide real-time updates of the meeting. You can follow as-it-happens coverage of the meeting at www.twitter.com/israldebruin.
In addition, the board will receive a report on the district's gifted and talented program, a proposed contract revision for the Tosa School of the Trades, an update on the district's long-range plan and a possible policy revision regarding the district's relationship with its charter schools.
The meeting agenda can be viewed and downloaded here: www.wauwatosa.k12.wi.us/agendas_2010.cfm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Lady in Red reopens as Nikki's Boutique after remodel
- 'Tarzan' takes flight at Wauwatosa East
- Tosa Recreation Dept. to hold textile recycling event
- Exactly 175 years ago, Wauwatosa became a town (3)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 30
- Milwaukee teens charged for armed robbery in Mayfair bathroom
- Parents raise conflict of interest concerns about Wauwatosa School Board member (20)
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 30
- In Our Schools: April 30
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Chiropractor says it's not just about the spine