A former Wauwatosa West High School student is behind the Facebook threats posted under the alias "Wauwatosa bug" on Sunday, according to the Wauwatosa Police Department.
The 14-year-old boy now lives in San Diego, Calif., and authorities there are investigating, a news release issued today states. Police did not give the boy's name. He is not in custody at this time.
"We believe the threats were made by a person out-of-state and not in a position to carry out the threats," according to the release.
"Wauwatosa bug" posted messages on the social media site threatening a "blood bath" at Wauwatosa high schools and containing sexually obscene and racist statements. The threats have been removed from Facebook.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa