A former Wauwatosa West High School student is behind the Facebook threats posted under the alias "Wauwatosa bug" on Sunday, according to the Wauwatosa Police Department.
The 14-year-old boy now lives in San Diego, Calif., and authorities there are investigating, a news release issued today states. Police did not give the boy's name. He is not in custody at this time.
"We believe the threats were made by a person out-of-state and not in a position to carry out the threats," according to the release.
"Wauwatosa bug" posted messages on the social media site threatening a "blood bath" at Wauwatosa high schools and containing sexually obscene and racist statements. The threats have been removed from Facebook.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (4)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography