A former Wauwatosa West High School student is behind the Facebook threats posted under the alias "Wauwatosa bug" on Sunday, according to the Wauwatosa Police Department.
The 14-year-old boy now lives in San Diego, Calif., and authorities there are investigating, a news release issued today states. Police did not give the boy's name. He is not in custody at this time.
"We believe the threats were made by a person out-of-state and not in a position to carry out the threats," according to the release.
"Wauwatosa bug" posted messages on the social media site threatening a "blood bath" at Wauwatosa high schools and containing sexually obscene and racist statements. The threats have been removed from Facebook.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade