A 14-year-old former Wauwatosa West High School student has been referred to juvenile authorities in San Diego in connection with threats against Wauwatosa high school students that were posted on Facebook last weekend, police said Thursday.
The child is not in custody, according to a statement from Wauwatosa police. Authorities have not identified the child.
The investigation began after a Facebook user who went by the name "Wauwatosa bug" friended several students before posting obscene comments and threats on the social media Web site, including threats about creating a "blood bath."
The postings have since been removed from Facebook, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School