A 14-year-old former Wauwatosa West High School student has been referred to juvenile authorities in San Diego in connection with threats against Wauwatosa high school students that were posted on Facebook last weekend, police said Thursday.
The child is not in custody, according to a statement from Wauwatosa police. Authorities have not identified the child.
The investigation began after a Facebook user who went by the name "Wauwatosa bug" friended several students before posting obscene comments and threats on the social media Web site, including threats about creating a "blood bath."
The postings have since been removed from Facebook, police said.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes