A 14-year-old former Wauwatosa West High School student has been referred to juvenile authorities in San Diego in connection with threats against Wauwatosa high school students that were posted on Facebook last weekend, police said Thursday.
The child is not in custody, according to a statement from Wauwatosa police. Authorities have not identified the child.
The investigation began after a Facebook user who went by the name "Wauwatosa bug" friended several students before posting obscene comments and threats on the social media Web site, including threats about creating a "blood bath."
The postings have since been removed from Facebook, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?