A 14-year-old former Wauwatosa West High School student has been referred to juvenile authorities in San Diego in connection with threats against Wauwatosa high school students that were posted on Facebook last weekend, police said Thursday.
The child is not in custody, according to a statement from Wauwatosa police. Authorities have not identified the child.
The investigation began after a Facebook user who went by the name "Wauwatosa bug" friended several students before posting obscene comments and threats on the social media Web site, including threats about creating a "blood bath."
The postings have since been removed from Facebook, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23