A Facebook user who threatened Wauwatosa high school students Sunday is believed to live out of state and is “not in a position to carry out the threats,” according to a statement issued Tuesday by Wauwatosa police.
The user went by the name “
Two parents called police Sunday evening to report their daughters had received friend requests from “
In both cases, “
The threats have since been removed from Facebook, according to the police statement. The incident is under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?