A Wauwatosa man who confessed to friends that he killed the mother of his young daughter was arrested early Wednesday in Colorado, officials said.
Authorities in Garfield County, Colo., were told Tuesday to look for a black 2001 Toyota Corolla driven by Benjamin M. Germano, 32.
According to New Castle (Colo.) police:
A police officer spotted the Corolla traveling west on I-70 in Garfield County and followed the car. Germano made a U-turn and began driving east in the westbound lanes, with the officer following.
Germano exited the highway but was arrested after he lost control of the Corolla and crashed. The Corolla's Wisconsin license plates had previously been replaced with Kansas plates.
Germano was being held without bail Wednesday in the Garfield County Jail. He is due in court Thursday afternoon in Colorado.
Germano was charged Monday with first-degree intentional homicide in the strangulation of Sarah Rosio, 24, of Milwaukee.
According to court documents, Germano killed Rosio on Jan. 13 at his apartment in the 6700 block of Vista Ave. in Wauwatosa and then drove around with her body inside his car for four days.
Rosio's body was found Jan. 21 inside a storage container in West Allis.
- Ryan Haggerty
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)