A Wauwatosa man who confessed to friends that he killed the mother of his young daughter was arrested early Wednesday in Colorado, officials said.
Authorities in Garfield County, Colo., were told Tuesday to look for a black 2001 Toyota Corolla driven by Benjamin M. Germano, 32.
According to New Castle (Colo.) police:
A police officer spotted the Corolla traveling west on I-70 in Garfield County and followed the car. Germano made a U-turn and began driving east in the westbound lanes, with the officer following.
Germano exited the highway but was arrested after he lost control of the Corolla and crashed. The Corolla's Wisconsin license plates had previously been replaced with Kansas plates.
Germano was being held without bail Wednesday in the Garfield County Jail. He is due in court Thursday afternoon in Colorado.
Germano was charged Monday with first-degree intentional homicide in the strangulation of Sarah Rosio, 24, of Milwaukee.
According to court documents, Germano killed Rosio on Jan. 13 at his apartment in the 6700 block of Vista Ave. in Wauwatosa and then drove around with her body inside his car for four days.
Rosio's body was found Jan. 21 inside a storage container in West Allis.
- Ryan Haggerty
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting
- Thai-namite plans new location in Wauwatosa's former City Market building
- Business Notes: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa police say woman was dragged across parking lot in purse robbery (2)
- Thirsty Duck brings duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa (1)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 2
- Gov. Scott Walker attends Wauwatosa bike race weeks before expected presidential run announcement (5)
- Kate Spade New York store to open at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 2