A local restaurant group will sell bracelets and donate all proceeds to help children affected by the earthquake in Haiti.
Wauwatosa-based Bartolotta Restaurants' will sell bracelets at each of its five restaurants: Ristorante Bartolotta in the Village of Wauwatosa, Mr. B's steakhouse in Brookfield, Bacchus and Lake Park Bistro in Milwaukee and the Bartolotta-catered brunches at Boerner Botanical Gardens in Hales Corners. Each location will feature a different bracelet.
The Hearts for Haiti campaign is being organized by the restaurant group's charitable fund, Care-a-Lotta, at the suggestion of employee Natalie Czarkowski.
She recently returned from volunteering in Haiti, and the schools and orphanages where she built handicapped-accessible structures and fed sick children were severely damaged. Her work was done through the organization Fondation Pour les Enfants de Haiti, and the money Bartolotta raises will be donated to that group.
Volunteers are assembling the bracelets, which will be made of supplies donated from Eclectica in Brookfield. They will be on sale at the restaurants for $5 apiece Monday.
In addition, the five eateries will offer Pen Patat, a Haitian sweet potato pudding with caramel rum sauce for $6 and the St. Dominique rum drink for $8. All those dollars also will go to Haitian relief efforts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 17-23 (1)
- Monarch-friendly plants for sale in Wauwatosa Sunday
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape (2)
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (6)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28