A new addition to the Milwaukee County Zoo will let metro area residents know if warmer weathers on the horizon.
Wynter, a 2-year-old female groundhog, will make a weather prediction at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Legend has it that if a groundhog sees its shadow on Groundhog's Day, there will be six more weeks of winter weather. If not, there will be an early spring.
Wynter arrived at the zoo in October after undergoing rehabilitation at an Ohio animal facility. The orphaned groundhog had been found on the roadside.
Zoo visitors can watch Wynter predict the weather during a ceremony in the Family Farm at the zoo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern