A new addition to the Milwaukee County Zoo will let metro area residents know if warmer weathers on the horizon.
Wynter, a 2-year-old female groundhog, will make a weather prediction at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Legend has it that if a groundhog sees its shadow on Groundhog's Day, there will be six more weeks of winter weather. If not, there will be an early spring.
Wynter arrived at the zoo in October after undergoing rehabilitation at an Ohio animal facility. The orphaned groundhog had been found on the roadside.
Zoo visitors can watch Wynter predict the weather during a ceremony in the Family Farm at the zoo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?