A new addition to the Milwaukee County Zoo will let metro area residents know if warmer weathers on the horizon.
Wynter, a 2-year-old female groundhog, will make a weather prediction at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Legend has it that if a groundhog sees its shadow on Groundhog's Day, there will be six more weeks of winter weather. If not, there will be an early spring.
Wynter arrived at the zoo in October after undergoing rehabilitation at an Ohio animal facility. The orphaned groundhog had been found on the roadside.
Zoo visitors can watch Wynter predict the weather during a ceremony in the Family Farm at the zoo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot
- Man arrested for exposing himself to woman in Wauwatosa
- Police Report: Dec. 11
- Wauwatosa schedules North Avenue repaving project for summer
- Wauwatosa presents new teacher pay plan
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service