A new addition to the Milwaukee County Zoo will let metro area residents know if warmer weathers on the horizon.
Wynter, a 2-year-old female groundhog, will make a weather prediction at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Legend has it that if a groundhog sees its shadow on Groundhog's Day, there will be six more weeks of winter weather. If not, there will be an early spring.
Wynter arrived at the zoo in October after undergoing rehabilitation at an Ohio animal facility. The orphaned groundhog had been found on the roadside.
Zoo visitors can watch Wynter predict the weather during a ceremony in the Family Farm at the zoo.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (10)