A new addition to the Milwaukee County Zoo will let metro area residents know if warmer weathers on the horizon.
Wynter, a 2-year-old female groundhog, will make a weather prediction at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Legend has it that if a groundhog sees its shadow on Groundhog's Day, there will be six more weeks of winter weather. If not, there will be an early spring.
Wynter arrived at the zoo in October after undergoing rehabilitation at an Ohio animal facility. The orphaned groundhog had been found on the roadside.
Zoo visitors can watch Wynter predict the weather during a ceremony in the Family Farm at the zoo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words