Wauwatosa police are investigating the possible embezzlement of nearly $44,000 from Wisconsin Masonic Lodge No. 13, 4315 N. 92nd St.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The money was taken from the fraternal organization's checking and savings accounts between November 2007 and April 2009. The missing funds were discovered by the lodge's new secretary in December.
Police have a suspect and are continuing to investigate the theft. Lodge officials declined to comment on the incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Everything you need to know about the holiday train's Wauwatosa stop
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open new Wauwatosa shop on Harwood Avenue
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7