Wauwatosa police are investigating the possible embezzlement of nearly $44,000 from Wisconsin Masonic Lodge No. 13, 4315 N. 92nd St.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The money was taken from the fraternal organization's checking and savings accounts between November 2007 and April 2009. The missing funds were discovered by the lodge's new secretary in December.
Police have a suspect and are continuing to investigate the theft. Lodge officials declined to comment on the incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands