Wauwatosa police are investigating the possible embezzlement of nearly $44,000 from Wisconsin Masonic Lodge No. 13, 4315 N. 92nd St.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The money was taken from the fraternal organization's checking and savings accounts between November 2007 and April 2009. The missing funds were discovered by the lodge's new secretary in December.
Police have a suspect and are continuing to investigate the theft. Lodge officials declined to comment on the incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade