Wauwatosa police are investigating the possible embezzlement of nearly $44,000 from Wisconsin Masonic Lodge No. 13, 4315 N. 92nd St.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The money was taken from the fraternal organization's checking and savings accounts between November 2007 and April 2009. The missing funds were discovered by the lodge's new secretary in December.
Police have a suspect and are continuing to investigate the theft. Lodge officials declined to comment on the incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000