Wauwatosa police are investigating the possible embezzlement of nearly $44,000 from Wisconsin Masonic Lodge No. 13, 4315 N. 92nd St.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The money was taken from the fraternal organization's checking and savings accounts between November 2007 and April 2009. The missing funds were discovered by the lodge's new secretary in December.
Police have a suspect and are continuing to investigate the theft. Lodge officials declined to comment on the incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events
- Wauwatosa schools celebrate Walk to School Day on Oct. 7
- Wauwatosa Fire Department earns accreditation, and is now more data-driven than ever
- A tour of homes with a flavor of architecture and history
- Wauwatosa West High School homecoming is student-run this year
- Tosa Farmers Market pushes for end-of-year attendance
- In brief: author chat, budget talks, spring election
- Wauwatosa School Board approves superintendent's new contract, salary
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Oct. 1