A man who took clothing and ran from Mayfair Mall on Friday left his cell phone behind, making it easy for police to track him down.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Two Milwaukee men, ages 18 and 20, were arrested for retail theft after they were seen stuffing $412 in merchandise into a plastic bag at the Macy's department store at 6:43 p.m.
As they exited the store, security guards tried to stop them. The younger man ran, but the older man shoved a guard and took a swing at his face. The guard injured his hand blocking the punch and the older man also was arrested for battery.
The younger man took off his sweatshirt while running, but must have forgotten that his cell phone was in the pocket. Police ended up using the phone to call his mother, who told them where they lived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94