A man who took clothing and ran from Mayfair Mall on Friday left his cell phone behind, making it easy for police to track him down.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Two Milwaukee men, ages 18 and 20, were arrested for retail theft after they were seen stuffing $412 in merchandise into a plastic bag at the Macy's department store at 6:43 p.m.
As they exited the store, security guards tried to stop them. The younger man ran, but the older man shoved a guard and took a swing at his face. The guard injured his hand blocking the punch and the older man also was arrested for battery.
The younger man took off his sweatshirt while running, but must have forgotten that his cell phone was in the pocket. Police ended up using the phone to call his mother, who told them where they lived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- North Shore school boards target achievement gap
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School
- Business Notes: Nov. 27
- President Obama honored Wauwatosa's superintendent for technology integration
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- In Our Schools: Nov. 27, 2014