School Board members tonight will review the results of an audit of the district's band program, which recommends changing the offerings at Wauwatosa East and West high schools to make the programs more equitable.
And if you can't be there in person, but want to stay on top of what's happening, we'll be using Twitter to provide real-time updates of the meeting. You can follow as-it-happens coverage of the meeting at www.twitter.com/israldebruin.
The audit report comes after parents and students in June fought a district decision to scale back band staffing levels at West.
In addition, the board will vote whether to allow the Tosa School of Health Science & Technology, housed at Wilson Elementary, to add a K5 program. Some board members expressed concerns about the idea, because it is tied to a long-term plan that grows the charter school to occupy half of Wilson.
The board will also act on routine policy updates discussed Jan. 11, formally approve the latest version of the teachers contract, discuss Sunday use of district buildings, receive a report about the elementary world language pilot program and another update about the district's long-range plan.
The entire meeting agenda can be viewed and downloaded here.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)