A Milwaukee man accused of breaking into his ex-girlfriend's Wauwatosa home and trying to poison her Tuesday is facing felony charges.
According to the criminal complaint:
Stephen Quinn Henry Jr., 30, was jealous because his former girlfriend was seeing a new guy, so while she was on a date he broke into her home, took about $800 in wine and household goods, and put bleach into her juice.
When the woman came home, she noticed her front door opened too easily, a window screen had been cut open and her bedroom had been ransacked. She also found that the juice in her refrigerator was discolored and smelled bad, and that a new bottle of bleach was nearly empty.
While officers were investigating the incident, Henry showed up at the home and allowed them to search his vehicle. They found the missing wine bottles, and he directed them to a garbage receptacle where they could find the other missing items.
If convicted, Henry faces more than 16 years in prison and $35,000 in fines.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (4)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography