A Milwaukee man accused of breaking into his ex-girlfriend's Wauwatosa home and trying to poison her Tuesday is facing felony charges.
According to the criminal complaint:
Stephen Quinn Henry Jr., 30, was jealous because his former girlfriend was seeing a new guy, so while she was on a date he broke into her home, took about $800 in wine and household goods, and put bleach into her juice.
When the woman came home, she noticed her front door opened too easily, a window screen had been cut open and her bedroom had been ransacked. She also found that the juice in her refrigerator was discolored and smelled bad, and that a new bottle of bleach was nearly empty.
While officers were investigating the incident, Henry showed up at the home and allowed them to search his vehicle. They found the missing wine bottles, and he directed them to a garbage receptacle where they could find the other missing items.
If convicted, Henry faces more than 16 years in prison and $35,000 in fines.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (6)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building