A Milwaukee man accused of breaking into his ex-girlfriend's Wauwatosa home and trying to poison her Tuesday is facing felony charges.
According to the criminal complaint:
Stephen Quinn Henry Jr., 30, was jealous because his former girlfriend was seeing a new guy, so while she was on a date he broke into her home, took about $800 in wine and household goods, and put bleach into her juice.
When the woman came home, she noticed her front door opened too easily, a window screen had been cut open and her bedroom had been ransacked. She also found that the juice in her refrigerator was discolored and smelled bad, and that a new bottle of bleach was nearly empty.
While officers were investigating the incident, Henry showed up at the home and allowed them to search his vehicle. They found the missing wine bottles, and he directed them to a garbage receptacle where they could find the other missing items.
If convicted, Henry faces more than 16 years in prison and $35,000 in fines.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?