A customer took batteries and beat up a clerk who tried to stop him at a Wauwatosa gas station about 3:20 p.m. Wednesday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A customer at Midtown Shell, 641 N. Hawley Road, paid for a $5 package of batteries with a $50 bill. The clerk held the bill up toward the light to make sure they it wasn't counterfeit. The customer got irate and spit in the clerk's face, took the batteries and the money, and started to leave.
The clerk stepped out from behind the counter, and the customer grabbed the front of his shirt and punched him twice in the face. The men fought, knocking merchandise off the shelf. Finally, the customer bit the clerk's hand, pulled free and ran out the door.
The clerk's lip was split in the incident.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 26
- Video: Reporter takes us along the 2016 Run Tosa Run
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Tips for finding the perfect bicycle
- Five biking routes to try in Wauwatosa and beyond this summer
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 19
- Campus News: May 19