A customer took batteries and beat up a clerk who tried to stop him at a Wauwatosa gas station about 3:20 p.m. Wednesday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A customer at Midtown Shell, 641 N. Hawley Road, paid for a $5 package of batteries with a $50 bill. The clerk held the bill up toward the light to make sure they it wasn't counterfeit. The customer got irate and spit in the clerk's face, took the batteries and the money, and started to leave.
The clerk stepped out from behind the counter, and the customer grabbed the front of his shirt and punched him twice in the face. The men fought, knocking merchandise off the shelf. Finally, the customer bit the clerk's hand, pulled free and ran out the door.
The clerk's lip was split in the incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue