A customer took batteries and beat up a clerk who tried to stop him at a Wauwatosa gas station about 3:20 p.m. Wednesday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A customer at Midtown Shell, 641 N. Hawley Road, paid for a $5 package of batteries with a $50 bill. The clerk held the bill up toward the light to make sure they it wasn't counterfeit. The customer got irate and spit in the clerk's face, took the batteries and the money, and started to leave.
The clerk stepped out from behind the counter, and the customer grabbed the front of his shirt and punched him twice in the face. The men fought, knocking merchandise off the shelf. Finally, the customer bit the clerk's hand, pulled free and ran out the door.
The clerk's lip was split in the incident.
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (4)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park