A customer took batteries and beat up a clerk who tried to stop him at a Wauwatosa gas station about 3:20 p.m. Wednesday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A customer at Midtown Shell, 641 N. Hawley Road, paid for a $5 package of batteries with a $50 bill. The clerk held the bill up toward the light to make sure they it wasn't counterfeit. The customer got irate and spit in the clerk's face, took the batteries and the money, and started to leave.
The clerk stepped out from behind the counter, and the customer grabbed the front of his shirt and punched him twice in the face. The men fought, knocking merchandise off the shelf. Finally, the customer bit the clerk's hand, pulled free and ran out the door.
The clerk's lip was split in the incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Jan Kelly's Meritage is Milwaukee born
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will the fence at Hartung Park be removed?
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 9
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 9
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 28-July 4
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 9
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 13
- Meijer announces opening date in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa to participate in "Click It or Ticket" enforcement
- Tosa East student completes leadership program at Yale University