An armed robber who wanted to take money from the BP station at 12334 W. North Ave. only came away with injured fingers Tuesday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The masked robber came into the convenience store at 11 p.m. and said to the clerk: "This is a robbery. If I have to pull out this gun, you're going to die."
When the robber reached into a slightly open safe, the clerk kicked the door and pinched the man's fingers. Then the clerk screamed to employees at the attached McDonald's restaurant. The robber was shaking his hand in pain as he ran out the door.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3