A robber who tried to snatch a woman's purse outside Target Thursday didn't count on the owner's tenacity.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
The woman was loading her purchases into a car when a man approached her, pointed a gun and said, "Give me your purse."
She refused, so he grabbed at it. He had a difficult time getting the strap off her shoulder, and as they struggled, he pulled her toward the car next to hers. Then, he got in the car and started the engine. A passenger, who was waiting in the vehicle, told the driver not to shoot the woman.
The woman held on to the purse strap as she was dragged a few feet, and finally she pulled hard enough that she got the purse back.
The robber drove away.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3