A robber who tried to snatch a woman's purse outside Target Thursday didn't count on the owner's tenacity.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
The woman was loading her purchases into a car when a man approached her, pointed a gun and said, "Give me your purse."
She refused, so he grabbed at it. He had a difficult time getting the strap off her shoulder, and as they struggled, he pulled her toward the car next to hers. Then, he got in the car and started the engine. A passenger, who was waiting in the vehicle, told the driver not to shoot the woman.
The woman held on to the purse strap as she was dragged a few feet, and finally she pulled hard enough that she got the purse back.
The robber drove away.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School