A robber who tried to snatch a woman's purse outside Target Thursday didn't count on the owner's tenacity.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
The woman was loading her purchases into a car when a man approached her, pointed a gun and said, "Give me your purse."
She refused, so he grabbed at it. He had a difficult time getting the strap off her shoulder, and as they struggled, he pulled her toward the car next to hers. Then, he got in the car and started the engine. A passenger, who was waiting in the vehicle, told the driver not to shoot the woman.
The woman held on to the purse strap as she was dragged a few feet, and finally she pulled hard enough that she got the purse back.
The robber drove away.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Windows Into Wauwatosa' allows a peak into unsung locales
- Wauwatosa West triplet seniors to split but stay connected
- Police Report: June 18
- Cup of change starts to make a difference
- Skateboarders do 'slide' on Tosa hillside
- Police Department's records not available this week
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue be repaved and its bridges rebuilt?
- Former Wauwatosa fire station site is prime land without a plan
- Tom Thaney enhanced Tose East theater department
- Flight for Life emergency pilots rely on instinct, experience