A 23-year-old Elm Grove man was arrested for heroin possession after paramedics were called to a Wauwatosa home when the man apparently overdosed on the drug.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man had been kicked out by his parents for his drug activity - he had several prior arrests - so he was staying with a friend at a home in the 10300 block of West Vienna Avenue.
The friend told police they had gone to Barnes & Noble, Walmart and a car dealership on Jan. 2. At each business, he went to the restroom for more than 30 minutes. Toward the end of the day, the man had started slurring his words and had trouble remaining conscious. He said he felt sick, so the friend called 911 at 9:15 p.m.
Paramedics saw fresh needle tracks on his arms. In his backpack, drug paraphernalia, heroin, a half-empty bottle of vodka and numerous prescription drugs.
He has been released from a drug treatment center and has been referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director