A 23-year-old Elm Grove man was arrested for heroin possession after paramedics were called to a Wauwatosa home when the man apparently overdosed on the drug.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man had been kicked out by his parents for his drug activity - he had several prior arrests - so he was staying with a friend at a home in the 10300 block of West Vienna Avenue.
The friend told police they had gone to Barnes & Noble, Walmart and a car dealership on Jan. 2. At each business, he went to the restroom for more than 30 minutes. Toward the end of the day, the man had started slurring his words and had trouble remaining conscious. He said he felt sick, so the friend called 911 at 9:15 p.m.
Paramedics saw fresh needle tracks on his arms. In his backpack, drug paraphernalia, heroin, a half-empty bottle of vodka and numerous prescription drugs.
He has been released from a drug treatment center and has been referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options