A 23-year-old Elm Grove man was arrested for heroin possession after paramedics were called to a Wauwatosa home when the man apparently overdosed on the drug.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man had been kicked out by his parents for his drug activity - he had several prior arrests - so he was staying with a friend at a home in the 10300 block of West Vienna Avenue.
The friend told police they had gone to Barnes & Noble, Walmart and a car dealership on Jan. 2. At each business, he went to the restroom for more than 30 minutes. Toward the end of the day, the man had started slurring his words and had trouble remaining conscious. He said he felt sick, so the friend called 911 at 9:15 p.m.
Paramedics saw fresh needle tracks on his arms. In his backpack, drug paraphernalia, heroin, a half-empty bottle of vodka and numerous prescription drugs.
He has been released from a drug treatment center and has been referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (4)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement