I would like to thank Mayor Jill Didier and City Administrator Jim Archambo for taking the lead on keeping property taxes down through efficiency efforts and health care cost reductions. Jim is to be commended for increasing his personal contribution toward health insurance costs.
I hope this sends a strong message to other government employees and unions who are considering going bankrupt or raising taxes to pay for unfunded benefits. It's time for government employees to have comparable benefits to the private sector.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa resident Phil Dimeo hid his failing eyesight, and spells it out in a book (1)
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Daly's is helping to bring the fountain pen back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 23
- U-Haul moving into former Harley-Davidson plant in Wauwatosa
- Teen apparel store Garage coming to Mayfair
- Wauwatosa Public Forum
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa