I would like to thank Mayor Jill Didier and City Administrator Jim Archambo for taking the lead on keeping property taxes down through efficiency efforts and health care cost reductions. Jim is to be commended for increasing his personal contribution toward health insurance costs.
I hope this sends a strong message to other government employees and unions who are considering going bankrupt or raising taxes to pay for unfunded benefits. It's time for government employees to have comparable benefits to the private sector.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated
- Wauwatosa George Webb employee tricked into giving away $1,000
- Tosa officers return to work following police-involved shooting