I would like to thank Mayor Jill Didier and City Administrator Jim Archambo for taking the lead on keeping property taxes down through efficiency efforts and health care cost reductions. Jim is to be commended for increasing his personal contribution toward health insurance costs.
I hope this sends a strong message to other government employees and unions who are considering going bankrupt or raising taxes to pay for unfunded benefits. It's time for government employees to have comparable benefits to the private sector.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director