I would like to thank Mayor Jill Didier and City Administrator Jim Archambo for taking the lead on keeping property taxes down through efficiency efforts and health care cost reductions. Jim is to be commended for increasing his personal contribution toward health insurance costs.
I hope this sends a strong message to other government employees and unions who are considering going bankrupt or raising taxes to pay for unfunded benefits. It's time for government employees to have comparable benefits to the private sector.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair
- First Responders Fest "humbling" for Wauwatosa's emergency crew leaders