Wauwatosa — The Common Council's Committee on Employee Relations will resume Tuesday its discussion of the compensation and duties of the office of mayor.
The committee on Dec. 8 began discussing a proposal from Ald. Brian Ewerdt to double the mayor's pay, which has been $22,500 since 1984.
The full council would have to approve any changes.
A Journal Sentinel story this week found that, among cities in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties with a comparable population, Wauwatosa ranked near the bottom in salary for mayor.
However, considering the salary of the mayor and the city administrator, Wauwatosa ranked in the middle of comparable cities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated
- Wauwatosa George Webb employee tricked into giving away $1,000
- Tosa officers return to work following police-involved shooting