Wauwatosa — The Common Council's Committee on Employee Relations will resume Tuesday its discussion of the compensation and duties of the office of mayor.
The committee on Dec. 8 began discussing a proposal from Ald. Brian Ewerdt to double the mayor's pay, which has been $22,500 since 1984.
The full council would have to approve any changes.
A Journal Sentinel story this week found that, among cities in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties with a comparable population, Wauwatosa ranked near the bottom in salary for mayor.
However, considering the salary of the mayor and the city administrator, Wauwatosa ranked in the middle of comparable cities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director