Wauwatosa — The Common Council's Committee on Employee Relations will resume Tuesday its discussion of the compensation and duties of the office of mayor.
The committee on Dec. 8 began discussing a proposal from Ald. Brian Ewerdt to double the mayor's pay, which has been $22,500 since 1984.
The full council would have to approve any changes.
A Journal Sentinel story this week found that, among cities in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties with a comparable population, Wauwatosa ranked near the bottom in salary for mayor.
However, considering the salary of the mayor and the city administrator, Wauwatosa ranked in the middle of comparable cities.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 26
- Video: Reporter takes us along the 2016 Run Tosa Run
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Tips for finding the perfect bicycle
- Five biking routes to try in Wauwatosa and beyond this summer
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 19
- Campus News: May 19