Wauwatosa — The Common Council's Committee on Employee Relations will resume Tuesday its discussion of the compensation and duties of the office of mayor.
The committee on Dec. 8 began discussing a proposal from Ald. Brian Ewerdt to double the mayor's pay, which has been $22,500 since 1984.
The full council would have to approve any changes.
A Journal Sentinel story this week found that, among cities in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties with a comparable population, Wauwatosa ranked near the bottom in salary for mayor.
However, considering the salary of the mayor and the city administrator, Wauwatosa ranked in the middle of comparable cities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum