Two of the three men charged in last month's shooting of a Wauwatosa police officer pleaded not guilty Wednesday and were bound over for trial, according to court records.
Thongsavahn Rodthong, 27, and Michael S. Dengsavang, 28, entered the pleas during preliminary hearings Wednesday.
Rodthong, Dengsavang and Paul M. Phonisay, 30, are each charged with being party to the crimes of attempted first-degree intentional homicide and burglary.
Rodthong and Dengsavang also are charged with being party to the crime of armed robbery.
Phonisay pleaded not guilty on Dec. 29, according to court records.
Wauwatosa Police Officer Abby Pavlik was shot inside her patrol car Dec. 13 as she responded to a report of an armed robbery at the Happy Wok restaurant, 2332 N. 124th St. Her investigation took her to a nearby apartment complex, where police say she was ambushed.
Pavlik, a 3½-year veteran of the department, was wearing a protective vest and was shot once in the abdomen. She underwent surgery and has since testified in some of the suspects' court hearings.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23