Two of the three men charged in last month's shooting of a Wauwatosa police officer pleaded not guilty Wednesday and were bound over for trial, according to court records.
Thongsavahn Rodthong, 27, and Michael S. Dengsavang, 28, entered the pleas during preliminary hearings Wednesday.
Rodthong, Dengsavang and Paul M. Phonisay, 30, are each charged with being party to the crimes of attempted first-degree intentional homicide and burglary.
Rodthong and Dengsavang also are charged with being party to the crime of armed robbery.
Phonisay pleaded not guilty on Dec. 29, according to court records.
Wauwatosa Police Officer Abby Pavlik was shot inside her patrol car Dec. 13 as she responded to a report of an armed robbery at the Happy Wok restaurant, 2332 N. 124th St. Her investigation took her to a nearby apartment complex, where police say she was ambushed.
Pavlik, a 3½-year veteran of the department, was wearing a protective vest and was shot once in the abdomen. She underwent surgery and has since testified in some of the suspects' court hearings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11