The races for the Wauwatosa District 2 aldermanic seat and the 4-year District 8 aldermanic seat will feature primaries Feb. 16.
Ilija Potkonjak, Kathleen Causier, Margaret Michele Arney and Gay Leigh Mundy all seek the District 2 seat. Incumbent Richard Krol is not seeking re-election. The primary will narrow the field to two candidates, who will move on to the April 6 general election.
Robert W. Brunow, Wade E. Cepulis and Craig Wilson will compete for one of two spots on the April ballot for the 4-year District 8 aldermanic seat. Incumbent Robert Dennik is not seeking re-election.
Contested races also will be seen on the April ballot for the Districts 1 and 3 seats and the two-year District 8 seat. These races do not require a primary.
In District 1, incumbent Pete Donegan will face John Sandvik.
In District 3, Sandra J. Callaghan will vie with incumbent Tim Hanson.
Incumbent Jason Wilke and Michael Llanas are the candidates seeking the two-year District 8 post.
Aldermanic races in the other districts, and the race for municipal judge, will be uncontested.
In District 4 incumbent Jill Organ seeks to keep her position.
Bobby Pantuso is the sole candidate in the District 5 election. Incumbent Jerry Stepaniak is not seeking re-election.
Incumbent Brian Ewerdt is unchallenged in the District 6 election.
Incumbent Cheryl Berdan is the only person seeking the two-year District 7 aldermanic post, and incumbent Donald Birschel is uncontested in his bid for another four-year term representing District 7 on the Common Council.
Incumbent Richard Baker is the lone candidate for the municipal judge’s chair.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27