Another incumbent has decided to seek re-election to the Wauwatosa Common Council.
Brian Ewerdt, 6th District alderman, has submitted candidacy papers to the city clerk's office to run in the April election.
He has served on the council since 2006.
With Ewerdt's decision to seek a second term, all but one of the 10 races has at least one candidate. There have been no candidates so far for the 8th District position occupied by Robert Dennik. He has filed noncandicacy paperwork signaling his intention to step down at the end of this term.
Wauwatosa residents who are interested in running for city office have until 5 p.m. Jan. 5 to submit paperwork to the clerk's office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)