Another incumbent has decided to seek re-election to the Wauwatosa Common Council.
Brian Ewerdt, 6th District alderman, has submitted candidacy papers to the city clerk's office to run in the April election.
He has served on the council since 2006.
With Ewerdt's decision to seek a second term, all but one of the 10 races has at least one candidate. There have been no candidates so far for the 8th District position occupied by Robert Dennik. He has filed noncandicacy paperwork signaling his intention to step down at the end of this term.
Wauwatosa residents who are interested in running for city office have until 5 p.m. Jan. 5 to submit paperwork to the clerk's office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event