Another incumbent has decided to seek re-election to the Wauwatosa Common Council.
Brian Ewerdt, 6th District alderman, has submitted candidacy papers to the city clerk's office to run in the April election.
He has served on the council since 2006.
With Ewerdt's decision to seek a second term, all but one of the 10 races has at least one candidate. There have been no candidates so far for the 8th District position occupied by Robert Dennik. He has filed noncandicacy paperwork signaling his intention to step down at the end of this term.
Wauwatosa residents who are interested in running for city office have until 5 p.m. Jan. 5 to submit paperwork to the clerk's office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series