The longest-serving alderman on Wauwatosa's Common Council has decided not to seek re-election.
Second District Alderman James Krol has filed noncandidacy paperwork with the city clerk's office.
Come April, he will have sat on the council for 20 years.
Alderman Robert Dennik also has turned in noncandidacy papers, just nine months after being sworn in to represent the 8th District.
Dennik was appointed to the position in March to fill the seat left vacant due to the death of Tom Treis. A committee of aldermen interviewed numerous candidates, and Dennik received the most votes. He has been serving as the aldermanic representative on the city's Economic Development Advisory Committee that was formed this fall.
A third council member, 5th District Alderman Jerry Stepaniak, submitted noncandidacy papers about a week ago.
Monday was the deadline for filing noncandidacy papers.
People interested in running for these or other municipal offices that are up for election in April have until Jan. 5 to file the necessary paperwork. Information is available at the city clerk's office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bavaria, relatively new, harkens to the old world
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30
- Annual 'Tosa's Night Out' is Aug. 4 at Hart Park
- Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall: Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 30
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Tosa police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals (2)
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue