Two weeks before the filing deadline, the city clerk's office is seeing numerous Wauwatosa residents submitting candidacy paperwork for the April election.
Two incumbents will seek re-election in April, a newcomer has announced his candidacy and a longtime alderman has chosen to end his service on the Wauwatosa Common Council.
After a decade representing Wauwatosa's 5th District, Alderman Jerry Stepaniak has decided not to seek re-election. He has filed notification of noncandidacy with the city clerk's office. Stepaniak could not be reached for comment.
So far, one newcomer, Bobby Pantuso, has submitted paperwork to run for the 5th District seat.
In the 3rd District, Tim Hanson will run for a second term. A challenger, Sandra Callaghan, has previously announced her entry into the race.
Jason Wilke will run for a two-year position to represent the 8th District. He was appointed in June to fill the seat vacated by Craig Maher. The winner of this seat will finish out the remainder of the term.
District 1 residents will see a contested race now that newcomer John Sandvik has decided to run against incumbent Peter Donegan. Sandvik is involved in the North Avenue Neighborhood Alliance and the Wauwatosa Rotary Club. Previously, he served as president of the Pabst Park Neighborhood Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?