Milwaukee police officers arrested a third suspect early Sunday who was charged with taking part in the shooting of a Wauwatosa police officer last week.
Thongsavahn Rodthong, 27, of Milwaukee, was arrested in the 400 block of N. 34th St. about 12:50 a.m., police said.
Michael S. Dengsavang, 28, Paul M. Phonisay, 29, and Rodthong, all of Milwaukee, face up to 40 years in prison if convicted of the charges of attempted homicide, party to a crime. They also are charged with burglary. Rodthong and Dengsavang are charged with armed robbery as well.
Abby Pavlik, a 3½-year veteran of the Wauwatosa Police Department, was shot inside her patrol car as she responded to an armed robbery call at the Happy Wok, 2332 N. 124th St., about 10:30 p.m. last Sunday. Her investigation took her to a nearby apartment complex, where police say she was ambushed by the suspects.
Pavlik, 28, who was wearing a protective vest, was struck once in the abdomen.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director