Milwaukee police officers arrested a third suspect early Sunday who was charged with taking part in the shooting of a Wauwatosa police officer last week.
Thongsavahn Rodthong, 27, of Milwaukee, was arrested in the 400 block of N. 34th St. about 12:50 a.m., police said.
Michael S. Dengsavang, 28, Paul M. Phonisay, 29, and Rodthong, all of Milwaukee, face up to 40 years in prison if convicted of the charges of attempted homicide, party to a crime. They also are charged with burglary. Rodthong and Dengsavang are charged with armed robbery as well.
Abby Pavlik, a 3½-year veteran of the Wauwatosa Police Department, was shot inside her patrol car as she responded to an armed robbery call at the Happy Wok, 2332 N. 124th St., about 10:30 p.m. last Sunday. Her investigation took her to a nearby apartment complex, where police say she was ambushed by the suspects.
Pavlik, 28, who was wearing a protective vest, was struck once in the abdomen.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (8)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series