Milwaukee police officers arrested a third suspect early Sunday who was charged with taking part in the shooting of a Wauwatosa police officer last week.
Thongsavahn Rodthong, 27, of Milwaukee, was arrested in the 400 block of N. 34th St. about 12:50 a.m., police said.
Michael S. Dengsavang, 28, Paul M. Phonisay, 29, and Rodthong, all of Milwaukee, face up to 40 years in prison if convicted of the charges of attempted homicide, party to a crime. They also are charged with burglary. Rodthong and Dengsavang are charged with armed robbery as well.
Abby Pavlik, a 3½-year veteran of the Wauwatosa Police Department, was shot inside her patrol car as she responded to an armed robbery call at the Happy Wok, 2332 N. 124th St., about 10:30 p.m. last Sunday. Her investigation took her to a nearby apartment complex, where police say she was ambushed by the suspects.
Pavlik, 28, who was wearing a protective vest, was struck once in the abdomen.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11