Prosecutors expect to charge three men with attempted homicide in the Sunday night shooting of a Wauwatosa police officer, officials announced Friday.
At a new conference, Wauwatosa police identified the three suspects as Michael S. Dengsavang, 28, Paul M. Phonisay, 29, and Thongsavah Rodthong, 27. The first two men are in custody; police are asking the public's assistance in finding Rodthong.
All three Milwaukee men are expected to be charged soon with attempted homicide, armed robbery false imprisonment and burglary, according to police.
Abby Pavlik, a 3 1/2 year veteran of the Wauwatosa Police Department, responded to an armed robbery call at the Happy Wok, 2332 N. 124 St. about 10:30 p.m. Sunday. Her investigation took her to a nearby apartment complex, where police say she was ambushed by the suspects who fired multiple shots at Pavlik's squad car.
Pavlik, 28, who was wearing a protective vest, was struck in the abdomen.
Wauwatosa Police ask that anyone with information about Rodthong's whereabouts call (414) 471-8430 or their local police department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (4)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography