Prosecutors expect to charge three men with attempted homicide in the Sunday night shooting of a Wauwatosa police officer, officials announced Friday.
At a new conference, Wauwatosa police identified the three suspects as Michael S. Dengsavang, 28, Paul M. Phonisay, 29, and Thongsavah Rodthong, 27. The first two men are in custody; police are asking the public's assistance in finding Rodthong.
All three Milwaukee men are expected to be charged soon with attempted homicide, armed robbery false imprisonment and burglary, according to police.
Abby Pavlik, a 3 1/2 year veteran of the Wauwatosa Police Department, responded to an armed robbery call at the Happy Wok, 2332 N. 124 St. about 10:30 p.m. Sunday. Her investigation took her to a nearby apartment complex, where police say she was ambushed by the suspects who fired multiple shots at Pavlik's squad car.
Pavlik, 28, who was wearing a protective vest, was struck in the abdomen.
Wauwatosa Police ask that anyone with information about Rodthong's whereabouts call (414) 471-8430 or their local police department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26