Prosecutors expect to charge three men with attempted homicide in the Sunday night shooting of a Wauwatosa police officer, officials announced Friday.
At a new conference, Wauwatosa police identified the three suspects as Michael S. Dengsavang, 28, Paul M. Phonisay, 29, and Thongsavah Rodthong, 27. The first two men are in custody; police are asking the public's assistance in finding Rodthong.
All three Milwaukee men are expected to be charged soon with attempted homicide, armed robbery false imprisonment and burglary, according to police.
Abby Pavlik, a 3 1/2 year veteran of the Wauwatosa Police Department, responded to an armed robbery call at the Happy Wok, 2332 N. 124 St. about 10:30 p.m. Sunday. Her investigation took her to a nearby apartment complex, where police say she was ambushed by the suspects who fired multiple shots at Pavlik's squad car.
Pavlik, 28, who was wearing a protective vest, was struck in the abdomen.
Wauwatosa Police ask that anyone with information about Rodthong's whereabouts call (414) 471-8430 or their local police department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31