Wauwatosa School Board member Philip Kroner said he will seek re-election to his at-large seat during the spring election.
Kroner's announcement means incumbents will run for all three of the School Board seats up for election April 6. Board members Michael Meier, who holds Seat 2, and Anne Fee, who holds Seat 3, have previously said they hope to renew their seats. Kroner holds Seat 1.
If more than two candidates file for any one seat, a primary election will be held Feb. 16 to narrow the pool of candidates.
All seven of Wauwatosa's School Board seats are citywide, and not assigned to a specific area of the district. District residents vote for all three seats, regardless of where they live.
Board members serve three-year terms without monetary compensation.
Residents interested in candidacy can obtain election forms electronically from the state's Government Accountability Board Web site at elections.state.wi.us or at the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa high schoolers will each receive personal Chromebook next year, according to plan
- Menomonee River Parkway temporarily closed for excavation
- Carhartt coming to Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collection
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5