Wauwatosa School Board member Philip Kroner said he will seek re-election to his at-large seat during the spring election.
Kroner's announcement means incumbents will run for all three of the School Board seats up for election April 6. Board members Michael Meier, who holds Seat 2, and Anne Fee, who holds Seat 3, have previously said they hope to renew their seats. Kroner holds Seat 1.
If more than two candidates file for any one seat, a primary election will be held Feb. 16 to narrow the pool of candidates.
All seven of Wauwatosa's School Board seats are citywide, and not assigned to a specific area of the district. District residents vote for all three seats, regardless of where they live.
Board members serve three-year terms without monetary compensation.
Residents interested in candidacy can obtain election forms electronically from the state's Government Accountability Board Web site at elections.state.wi.us or at the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools