Wauwatosa School Board member Philip Kroner said he will seek re-election to his at-large seat during the spring election.
Kroner's announcement means incumbents will run for all three of the School Board seats up for election April 6. Board members Michael Meier, who holds Seat 2, and Anne Fee, who holds Seat 3, have previously said they hope to renew their seats. Kroner holds Seat 1.
If more than two candidates file for any one seat, a primary election will be held Feb. 16 to narrow the pool of candidates.
All seven of Wauwatosa's School Board seats are citywide, and not assigned to a specific area of the district. District residents vote for all three seats, regardless of where they live.
Board members serve three-year terms without monetary compensation.
Residents interested in candidacy can obtain election forms electronically from the state's Government Accountability Board Web site at elections.state.wi.us or at the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair