Wauwatosa — The Common Council has approved creating an economic development director position that will pay between $70,000 and $130,000 per year.
The job description says the director, who would report to the city administrator, would try to increase the non-residential tax base, promote the city's role as a center for research and innovation, and support walk-able neighborhoods.
The city hopes to hire a director by spring.
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 28
- On the move: April 26, 2016