Wauwatosa — The Common Council has approved creating an economic development director position that will pay between $70,000 and $130,000 per year.
The job description says the director, who would report to the city administrator, would try to increase the non-residential tax base, promote the city's role as a center for research and innovation, and support walk-able neighborhoods.
The city hopes to hire a director by spring.
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)