The Wauwatosa Common Council will hold a public hearing Jan. 19 on street repairs proposed for 2010.
The city is planning six street improvement projects that call for milling the existing pavement, repairing curbs and abutting approaches and sidewalks where necessary, and resurfacing the street with asphalt. In some areas, sewer or water main work may be needed beneath the road.
If the projects get approved, owners of properties fronting the following streets would be charged special assessments:
• North 120th Street from West Locust to West Chambers streets;
• North 124th Street from Walnut Road to north of Garfield Avenue;
• Burleigh Street from North Mayfair Road to the east city limit;
• Concordia Avenue from 96th Street to Argonne Drive;
• Glenway Street from Glenway Court to Ruby Avenue; and
• Glenway Court from Glenway to 110th streets.
Road work on two of the streets would extend beyond the city's borders. The 124th Street repair is a joint project with Elm Grove, and Wauwatosa would be partnering with Milwaukee on the Concordia Avenue project.
Affected property owners should receive information about proposed improvements and assessments in the mail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Change in Hart Park Senior Center management worries some members
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Video: Zoo gorillas bring 'Tarzan' rehearsal to life for Wauwatosa East students
- Wauwatosa Police Report: March 5
- Student in custody for bringing knives to Wauwatosa East High School
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5