The Wauwatosa Common Council will hold a public hearing Jan. 19 on street repairs proposed for 2010.
The city is planning six street improvement projects that call for milling the existing pavement, repairing curbs and abutting approaches and sidewalks where necessary, and resurfacing the street with asphalt. In some areas, sewer or water main work may be needed beneath the road.
If the projects get approved, owners of properties fronting the following streets would be charged special assessments:
• North 120th Street from West Locust to West Chambers streets;
• North 124th Street from Walnut Road to north of Garfield Avenue;
• Burleigh Street from North Mayfair Road to the east city limit;
• Concordia Avenue from 96th Street to Argonne Drive;
• Glenway Street from Glenway Court to Ruby Avenue; and
• Glenway Court from Glenway to 110th streets.
Road work on two of the streets would extend beyond the city's borders. The 124th Street repair is a joint project with Elm Grove, and Wauwatosa would be partnering with Milwaukee on the Concordia Avenue project.
Affected property owners should receive information about proposed improvements and assessments in the mail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22
- In Our Schools: Jan. 22
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?