The Wauwatosa Common Council will hold a public hearing Jan. 19 on street repairs proposed for 2010.
The city is planning six street improvement projects that call for milling the existing pavement, repairing curbs and abutting approaches and sidewalks where necessary, and resurfacing the street with asphalt. In some areas, sewer or water main work may be needed beneath the road.
If the projects get approved, owners of properties fronting the following streets would be charged special assessments:
• North 120th Street from West Locust to West Chambers streets;
• North 124th Street from Walnut Road to north of Garfield Avenue;
• Burleigh Street from North Mayfair Road to the east city limit;
• Concordia Avenue from 96th Street to Argonne Drive;
• Glenway Street from Glenway Court to Ruby Avenue; and
• Glenway Court from Glenway to 110th streets.
Road work on two of the streets would extend beyond the city's borders. The 124th Street repair is a joint project with Elm Grove, and Wauwatosa would be partnering with Milwaukee on the Concordia Avenue project.
Affected property owners should receive information about proposed improvements and assessments in the mail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum