The Common Council granted Aldi beer and liquor licenses Tuesday.
Not all of the company's stores carry alcoholic beverages, but most of the newer locations sell such products, according to the Aldi Web site. The discount grocery store chain is opening a store at 121st and Burleigh streets on Dec. 10.
The company has been trying for several years to find a spot in the city.
Hours of operation will be 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
Aldi has become known for carrying its own line of the 1,400 most frequently purchased grocery and household products - a smaller selection than some of its competitors - requiring a 25-cent deposit to use a shopping cart, charging for bags and not accepting credit cards, which require processing fees. The efforts help keep costs down.
- Shoulder mount of beloved deer 'Bow Tie' to return to Milwaukee Co. Parks
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30