Milwaukee police last night arrested a 19-year-old woman who was being sought by the Wauwatosa Police Department on suspicion of abducting and abandoning a friend's 10-month-old child.
The suspect, who was identified in earlier reports as Diandra N. Kroening, was located walking in the 1600 block of W. Lincoln Ave. about 10 p.m. Wednesday and was taken into custody, according to the Milwaukee police.
She was then turned over to the Wauwatosa Police Department, Milwaukee police said.
According to Wauwatosa police reports, Kroening took the 10-month-old from a home in Wauwatosa while the baby's mother took a shower.
Kroening abandoned the baby in a yard a short time later, and the unharmed child was returned to her family.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs