Milwaukee police last night arrested a 19-year-old woman who was being sought by the Wauwatosa Police Department on suspicion of abducting and abandoning a friend's 10-month-old child.
The suspect, who was identified in earlier reports as Diandra N. Kroening, was located walking in the 1600 block of W. Lincoln Ave. about 10 p.m. Wednesday and was taken into custody, according to the Milwaukee police.
She was then turned over to the Wauwatosa Police Department, Milwaukee police said.
According to Wauwatosa police reports, Kroening took the 10-month-old from a home in Wauwatosa while the baby's mother took a shower.
Kroening abandoned the baby in a yard a short time later, and the unharmed child was returned to her family.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools