Milwaukee police last night arrested a 19-year-old woman who was being sought by the Wauwatosa Police Department on suspicion of abducting and abandoning a friend's 10-month-old child.
The suspect, who was identified in earlier reports as Diandra N. Kroening, was located walking in the 1600 block of W. Lincoln Ave. about 10 p.m. Wednesday and was taken into custody, according to the Milwaukee police.
She was then turned over to the Wauwatosa Police Department, Milwaukee police said.
According to Wauwatosa police reports, Kroening took the 10-month-old from a home in Wauwatosa while the baby's mother took a shower.
Kroening abandoned the baby in a yard a short time later, and the unharmed child was returned to her family.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum