Milwaukee police last night arrested a 19-year-old woman who was being sought by the Wauwatosa Police Department on suspicion of abducting and abandoning a friend's 10-month-old child.
The suspect, who was identified in earlier reports as Diandra N. Kroening, was located walking in the 1600 block of W. Lincoln Ave. about 10 p.m. Wednesday and was taken into custody, according to the Milwaukee police.
She was then turned over to the Wauwatosa Police Department, Milwaukee police said.
According to Wauwatosa police reports, Kroening took the 10-month-old from a home in Wauwatosa while the baby's mother took a shower.
Kroening abandoned the baby in a yard a short time later, and the unharmed child was returned to her family.
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30