Milwaukee police last night arrested a 19-year-old woman who was being sought by the Wauwatosa Police Department on suspicion of abducting and abandoning a friend's 10-month-old child.
The suspect, who was identified in earlier reports as Diandra N. Kroening, was located walking in the 1600 block of W. Lincoln Ave. about 10 p.m. Wednesday and was taken into custody, according to the Milwaukee police.
She was then turned over to the Wauwatosa Police Department, Milwaukee police said.
According to Wauwatosa police reports, Kroening took the 10-month-old from a home in Wauwatosa while the baby's mother took a shower.
Kroening abandoned the baby in a yard a short time later, and the unharmed child was returned to her family.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)