Wauwatosa — Police are seeking a 19-year-old woman who they say abducted an infant from a Wauwatosa home.
Diandra N. Kroening took the 10-month-old girl from her home while her mother took a shower and abandoned the baby a short time later, police said.
Kroening is a friend of the 20-year-old mother and unexpectedly stopped by the woman's home in the 7000 block of Milwaukee Ave. on Monday, police said.
The mother asked Kroening to watch the baby while she showered, but when the mother was finished Kroening and the baby were gone, along with a bag containing baby cloths. The baby was reported missing shortly before 8:30 p.m.
A witness reported seeing someone lay the baby down in a front yard in the 800 block of S. 75th St. in West Allis, where West Allis police found the infant unharmed about 10 p.m. The baby was taken for an examination to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin before being released to her family.
Kroening is described as a white female, 5 feet 8 inches and 145 pounds, with green eyes. She has short, dark hair buzzed and with lines cut into the sides. Kroening was seen wearing long basketball shorts and a gray hooded sweatshirt.
Anyone with information on Kroening's whereabouts is asked to call Wauwatosa police at (414) 471-8430 or Wauwatosa Crime Stoppers at (414) 771-TOSA (8672).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word
- Mayfair, Mayfair Collections in Wauwatosa seen as complements, not competitors