Wauwatosa — Police are seeking a 19-year-old woman who they say abducted an infant from a Wauwatosa home.
Diandra N. Kroening took the 10-month-old girl from her home while her mother took a shower and abandoned the baby a short time later, police said.
Kroening is a friend of the 20-year-old mother and unexpectedly stopped by the woman's home in the 7000 block of Milwaukee Ave. on Monday, police said.
The mother asked Kroening to watch the baby while she showered, but when the mother was finished Kroening and the baby were gone, along with a bag containing baby cloths. The baby was reported missing shortly before 8:30 p.m.
A witness reported seeing someone lay the baby down in a front yard in the 800 block of S. 75th St. in West Allis, where West Allis police found the infant unharmed about 10 p.m. The baby was taken for an examination to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin before being released to her family.
Kroening is described as a white female, 5 feet 8 inches and 145 pounds, with green eyes. She has short, dark hair buzzed and with lines cut into the sides. Kroening was seen wearing long basketball shorts and a gray hooded sweatshirt.
Anyone with information on Kroening's whereabouts is asked to call Wauwatosa police at (414) 471-8430 or Wauwatosa Crime Stoppers at (414) 771-TOSA (8672).
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety