Wauwatosa emergency crews responded to two accidents - a car vs. train crash and a three-vehicle collision - during the evening rush-hour Tuesday.
About 5:30 p.m., a woman driving north on 68th Street tried to make a right turn onto State Street, but her car got stuck on the railroad tracks, Deputy Fire Chief Jim Case said.
"She got out of the vehicle before the train struck," he said.
The car was hit head on and was badly damaged.
While crews were dealing with the accident on the train tracks, they received another emergency call, this time regarding a three-car crash at Mayfair and Blue Mound roads. A minivan was on fire when firefighters arrived, but no one was inside, Case said.
Two adults were taken to Froedtert Hospital and a child was taken to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. All injuries were minor, he added.
Wauwatosa police are still investigating the accident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa pedestrian killed by train
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal
- What to expect on a Nov. 4 ballot in Wauwatosa