Wauwatosa emergency crews responded to two accidents - a car vs. train crash and a three-vehicle collision - during the evening rush-hour Tuesday.
About 5:30 p.m., a woman driving north on 68th Street tried to make a right turn onto State Street, but her car got stuck on the railroad tracks, Deputy Fire Chief Jim Case said.
"She got out of the vehicle before the train struck," he said.
The car was hit head on and was badly damaged.
While crews were dealing with the accident on the train tracks, they received another emergency call, this time regarding a three-car crash at Mayfair and Blue Mound roads. A minivan was on fire when firefighters arrived, but no one was inside, Case said.
Two adults were taken to Froedtert Hospital and a child was taken to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. All injuries were minor, he added.
Wauwatosa police are still investigating the accident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'