Wauwatosa emergency crews responded to two accidents - a car vs. train crash and a three-vehicle collision - during the evening rush-hour Tuesday.
About 5:30 p.m., a woman driving north on 68th Street tried to make a right turn onto State Street, but her car got stuck on the railroad tracks, Deputy Fire Chief Jim Case said.
"She got out of the vehicle before the train struck," he said.
The car was hit head on and was badly damaged.
While crews were dealing with the accident on the train tracks, they received another emergency call, this time regarding a three-car crash at Mayfair and Blue Mound roads. A minivan was on fire when firefighters arrived, but no one was inside, Case said.
Two adults were taken to Froedtert Hospital and a child was taken to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. All injuries were minor, he added.
Wauwatosa police are still investigating the accident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23