Two kids were arrested for armed robbery after they allegedly left George Webb without paying for their meal and then threatened the waitress when she tried to collect payment.
According to the Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Siblings - a 14-year-old girl and an 11-year-old boy - from Milwaukee ate breakfast at George Webb on State Street at 11:45 a.m. Saturday. When they walked out of the restaurant without paying, a waitress followed them across the street and said they needed to pay their $15 bill.
The waitress said the boy pulled a knife out of his jacket and said, "I will kill you! I will stab you!"
Then the girl threatened to punch her.
The kids were stopped a few blocks away, and told officers they planned to return to the restaurant to speak to the manager about not having money to pay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School