Two kids were arrested for armed robbery after they allegedly left George Webb without paying for their meal and then threatened the waitress when she tried to collect payment.
According to the Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Siblings - a 14-year-old girl and an 11-year-old boy - from Milwaukee ate breakfast at George Webb on State Street at 11:45 a.m. Saturday. When they walked out of the restaurant without paying, a waitress followed them across the street and said they needed to pay their $15 bill.
The waitress said the boy pulled a knife out of his jacket and said, "I will kill you! I will stab you!"
Then the girl threatened to punch her.
The kids were stopped a few blocks away, and told officers they planned to return to the restaurant to speak to the manager about not having money to pay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event