A University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee student was robbed at gunpoint while walking to a Wauwatosa bus stop Wednesday morning, according to a police report.
He was walking in the 4000 block of North 92nd Street when a man stopped him to ask directions. Then he said, "Just so you know, I have a gun. Follow me right here. Turn around and start walking."
The student saw the man's hand in his coat pocket, and believed he was armed. But he never saw an actual gun.
They walked for about a block before the man demanded money and a cell phone. Then he told the student to turn around and walk away.
A few minutes later when the student looked back, the robber was gone.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (7)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building