A University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee student was robbed at gunpoint while walking to a Wauwatosa bus stop Wednesday morning, according to a police report.
He was walking in the 4000 block of North 92nd Street when a man stopped him to ask directions. Then he said, "Just so you know, I have a gun. Follow me right here. Turn around and start walking."
The student saw the man's hand in his coat pocket, and believed he was armed. But he never saw an actual gun.
They walked for about a block before the man demanded money and a cell phone. Then he told the student to turn around and walk away.
A few minutes later when the student looked back, the robber was gone.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa high schoolers will each receive personal Chromebook next year, according to plan
- Menomonee River Parkway temporarily closed for excavation
- Carhartt coming to Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collection
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5