A University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee student was robbed at gunpoint while walking to a Wauwatosa bus stop Wednesday morning, according to a police report.
He was walking in the 4000 block of North 92nd Street when a man stopped him to ask directions. Then he said, "Just so you know, I have a gun. Follow me right here. Turn around and start walking."
The student saw the man's hand in his coat pocket, and believed he was armed. But he never saw an actual gun.
They walked for about a block before the man demanded money and a cell phone. Then he told the student to turn around and walk away.
A few minutes later when the student looked back, the robber was gone.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair