A University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee student was robbed at gunpoint while walking to a Wauwatosa bus stop Wednesday morning, according to a police report.
He was walking in the 4000 block of North 92nd Street when a man stopped him to ask directions. Then he said, "Just so you know, I have a gun. Follow me right here. Turn around and start walking."
The student saw the man's hand in his coat pocket, and believed he was armed. But he never saw an actual gun.
They walked for about a block before the man demanded money and a cell phone. Then he told the student to turn around and walk away.
A few minutes later when the student looked back, the robber was gone.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot
- Man arrested for exposing himself to woman in Wauwatosa
- Police Report: Dec. 11
- Wauwatosa schedules North Avenue repaving project for summer
- Wauwatosa presents new teacher pay plan
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service