A University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee student was robbed at gunpoint while walking to a Wauwatosa bus stop Wednesday morning, according to a police report.
He was walking in the 4000 block of North 92nd Street when a man stopped him to ask directions. Then he said, "Just so you know, I have a gun. Follow me right here. Turn around and start walking."
The student saw the man's hand in his coat pocket, and believed he was armed. But he never saw an actual gun.
They walked for about a block before the man demanded money and a cell phone. Then he told the student to turn around and walk away.
A few minutes later when the student looked back, the robber was gone.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fire station site is prime land without a plan
- Tom Thaney enhanced Tose East theater department
- Flight for Life emergency pilots rely on instinct, experience
- Wauwatosa committee approves $80,000 for skate park
- Wauwatosa East students bid farewell to theater director
- Breitlow neighbors again criticize project at School Board meeting
- Wauwatosa School District proposes a 2.31 percent levy increase
- Wauwatosa School District seeks to block UWM charter school
- In Our Schools: June 11
- Hoyt Park beer garden in Wauwatosa likely to operate from 3 to 9 p.m., director says