A 36-year-old Wauwatosa man was wounded in the thighs Saturday morning in a deer hunting accident in Grant County, the Grant County Sheriff's Department said.
Rex M. Ballinger was wounded when a rifle being unloaded by Daniel Z. Kassees, 36, of Dousman, discharged, the Sheriff's Department said.
Kassees was unloading the gun next to his pickup truck on private property about 8:15 a.m. in Glen Haven Township. The shot went through the rear passenger compartment, exited the right side of the vehicle and struck Ballinger in the back of both thighs, the department said in a news release.
Ballinger was treated at Grant Regional Health Center in Lancaster for his injuries, the department said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools