A 36-year-old Wauwatosa man was wounded in the thighs Saturday morning in a deer hunting accident in Grant County, the Grant County Sheriff's Department said.
Rex M. Ballinger was wounded when a rifle being unloaded by Daniel Z. Kassees, 36, of Dousman, discharged, the Sheriff's Department said.
Kassees was unloading the gun next to his pickup truck on private property about 8:15 a.m. in Glen Haven Township. The shot went through the rear passenger compartment, exited the right side of the vehicle and struck Ballinger in the back of both thighs, the department said in a news release.
Ballinger was treated at Grant Regional Health Center in Lancaster for his injuries, the department said.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 26
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa officer rescues seven ducklings trapped in storm sewer
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Remember the fallen; voting in schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 15 - 21
- Wauwatosa School Notes: May 26