A 36-year-old Wauwatosa man was wounded in the thighs Saturday morning in a deer hunting accident in Grant County, the Grant County Sheriff's Department said.
Rex M. Ballinger was wounded when a rifle being unloaded by Daniel Z. Kassees, 36, of Dousman, discharged, the Sheriff's Department said.
Kassees was unloading the gun next to his pickup truck on private property about 8:15 a.m. in Glen Haven Township. The shot went through the rear passenger compartment, exited the right side of the vehicle and struck Ballinger in the back of both thighs, the department said in a news release.
Ballinger was treated at Grant Regional Health Center in Lancaster for his injuries, the department said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers
- wnt_senior meals_1008
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8
- In Our Schools: Oct. 8
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 27 - Oct. 3
- Bedbugs found in Wauwatosa juvenile court center (2)
- Wauwatosa police to try out body cameras on motorcycle patrols
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 8
- Nordstrom Mayfair announces gala, late-night party fundraising events