A 36-year-old Wauwatosa man was wounded in the thighs Saturday morning in a deer hunting accident in Grant County, the Grant County Sheriff's Department said.
Rex M. Ballinger was wounded when a rifle being unloaded by Daniel Z. Kassees, 36, of Dousman, discharged, the Sheriff's Department said.
Kassees was unloading the gun next to his pickup truck on private property about 8:15 a.m. in Glen Haven Township. The shot went through the rear passenger compartment, exited the right side of the vehicle and struck Ballinger in the back of both thighs, the department said in a news release.
Ballinger was treated at Grant Regional Health Center in Lancaster for his injuries, the department said.
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30