Brookfield resident Dale Kooyenga announced today that he plans to run for the state's 14th Assembly District seat, which represents Elm Grove and parts of Wauwatosa, Brookfield, West Allis and Milwaukee.
The seat is held by Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa, who is vacating it in order to run for state Senate.
Kooyenga, also a Republican, wants to create an environment "that is suitable for fostering economic growth and creating jobs" in Wisconsin, he said in a news release.
He works as an accountant. A U.S. Army Reservist, he recently returned from Iraq.
The seat is not up for election until fall 2010.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?