Brookfield resident Dale Kooyenga announced today that he plans to run for the state's 14th Assembly District seat, which represents Elm Grove and parts of Wauwatosa, Brookfield, West Allis and Milwaukee.
The seat is held by Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa, who is vacating it in order to run for state Senate.
Kooyenga, also a Republican, wants to create an environment "that is suitable for fostering economic growth and creating jobs" in Wisconsin, he said in a news release.
He works as an accountant. A U.S. Army Reservist, he recently returned from Iraq.
The seat is not up for election until fall 2010.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director