Brookfield resident Dale Kooyenga announced today that he plans to run for the state's 14th Assembly District seat, which represents Elm Grove and parts of Wauwatosa, Brookfield, West Allis and Milwaukee.
The seat is held by Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa, who is vacating it in order to run for state Senate.
Kooyenga, also a Republican, wants to create an environment "that is suitable for fostering economic growth and creating jobs" in Wisconsin, he said in a news release.
He works as an accountant. A U.S. Army Reservist, he recently returned from Iraq.
The seat is not up for election until fall 2010.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (8)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8