Brookfield resident Dale Kooyenga announced today that he plans to run for the state's 14th Assembly District seat, which represents Elm Grove and parts of Wauwatosa, Brookfield, West Allis and Milwaukee.
The seat is held by Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa, who is vacating it in order to run for state Senate.
Kooyenga, also a Republican, wants to create an environment "that is suitable for fostering economic growth and creating jobs" in Wisconsin, he said in a news release.
He works as an accountant. A U.S. Army Reservist, he recently returned from Iraq.
The seat is not up for election until fall 2010.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word