Two people who sold cell phones through Craigslist found they had been paid for with counterfeit money last week.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
The first seller met two men in the Burger King parking lot, 3880 N. 124th St., at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. She sold a phone for $125, but she immediately thought the $100 bill she was given was counterfeit.
A little more than an hour later, a second seller met two men at Buffalo Wild Wings on Mayfair Road. They paid $260, but again the seller thought the $100 bills looked strange. However, they drove off before he could question the men further.
Trips to their banks validated the sellers' suspicions. It looked as though the buyers had printed their own money, which bank tellers confiscated.
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa officer rescues seven ducklings trapped in storm sewer
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Remember the fallen; voting in schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 15 - 21
- Wauwatosa School Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: May 26
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 26
- Video: Reporter takes us along the 2016 Run Tosa Run