Two people who sold cell phones through Craigslist found they had been paid for with counterfeit money last week.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
The first seller met two men in the Burger King parking lot, 3880 N. 124th St., at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. She sold a phone for $125, but she immediately thought the $100 bill she was given was counterfeit.
A little more than an hour later, a second seller met two men at Buffalo Wild Wings on Mayfair Road. They paid $260, but again the seller thought the $100 bills looked strange. However, they drove off before he could question the men further.
Trips to their banks validated the sellers' suspicions. It looked as though the buyers had printed their own money, which bank tellers confiscated.
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Roznowski, Calarco, voting in schools, abandoned dog
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: May 5
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village