A Milwaukee woman accused of taking items from a Mayfair Mall store and then stashing her clothes in another shop has been charged with retail theft and bail-jumping.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Nettie Mae Belcher, 52, took six hats valued at $166 from Hat World, then took off at 11 a.m. Friday. Staff at Pottery Barn Kids said they had seen Belcher in their store stuffing her jacket and other clothing under a display bed before she ran out of the mall.
She was found soon afterward hiding in bushes in a nearby neighborhood.
When police put her in a holding cell, she threatened to repeat the actions - taking off all her clothing - she took after her July 11 arrest, also for retail theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?