A Milwaukee woman accused of taking items from a Mayfair Mall store and then stashing her clothes in another shop has been charged with retail theft and bail-jumping.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Nettie Mae Belcher, 52, took six hats valued at $166 from Hat World, then took off at 11 a.m. Friday. Staff at Pottery Barn Kids said they had seen Belcher in their store stuffing her jacket and other clothing under a display bed before she ran out of the mall.
She was found soon afterward hiding in bushes in a nearby neighborhood.
When police put her in a holding cell, she threatened to repeat the actions - taking off all her clothing - she took after her July 11 arrest, also for retail theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal