A Milwaukee woman accused of taking items from a Mayfair Mall store and then stashing her clothes in another shop has been charged with retail theft and bail-jumping.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Nettie Mae Belcher, 52, took six hats valued at $166 from Hat World, then took off at 11 a.m. Friday. Staff at Pottery Barn Kids said they had seen Belcher in their store stuffing her jacket and other clothing under a display bed before she ran out of the mall.
She was found soon afterward hiding in bushes in a nearby neighborhood.
When police put her in a holding cell, she threatened to repeat the actions - taking off all her clothing - she took after her July 11 arrest, also for retail theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director