A Milwaukee woman accused of taking items from a Mayfair Mall store and then stashing her clothes in another shop has been charged with retail theft and bail-jumping.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Nettie Mae Belcher, 52, took six hats valued at $166 from Hat World, then took off at 11 a.m. Friday. Staff at Pottery Barn Kids said they had seen Belcher in their store stuffing her jacket and other clothing under a display bed before she ran out of the mall.
She was found soon afterward hiding in bushes in a nearby neighborhood.
When police put her in a holding cell, she threatened to repeat the actions - taking off all her clothing - she took after her July 11 arrest, also for retail theft.
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 28
- On the move: April 26, 2016