A Milwaukee woman accused of taking items from a Mayfair Mall store and then stashing her clothes in another shop has been charged with retail theft and bail-jumping.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Nettie Mae Belcher, 52, took six hats valued at $166 from Hat World, then took off at 11 a.m. Friday. Staff at Pottery Barn Kids said they had seen Belcher in their store stuffing her jacket and other clothing under a display bed before she ran out of the mall.
She was found soon afterward hiding in bushes in a nearby neighborhood.
When police put her in a holding cell, she threatened to repeat the actions - taking off all her clothing - she took after her July 11 arrest, also for retail theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair