Hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches make up the menu of what will likely become Mayfair Mall's next restaurant.
Five Guys Burgers and Fries came before the Wauwatosa's Plan Commission on Monday to ask for a permit to operate an eat-in and carry-out restaurant in the first-floor storefront formerly occupied by Sharper Image.
The menu is pretty simple. Bacon and cheese can be added to burgers and dogs, plan or Cajun-style fries and sodas. Customers can also choose from more than a dozen toppings and sauces.
The Plan Commission unanimously recommended approval, so the request will next go to the Community Development Committee on Nov. 24.
If the permit gets approved, the restaurant would be able to remain open until midnight because it has a separate entrance that would not require patrons to go through the mall.
Five Guys restaurants started 23 years ago on the East Coast and more than 500 eateries operate throughout the United States. Shoppers may be familiar with the Bayshore Mall restaurant. A downtown Milwaukee location is opening next week and Brookfield Square will see one open soon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade