Hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches make up the menu of what will likely become Mayfair Mall's next restaurant.
Five Guys Burgers and Fries came before the Wauwatosa's Plan Commission on Monday to ask for a permit to operate an eat-in and carry-out restaurant in the first-floor storefront formerly occupied by Sharper Image.
The menu is pretty simple. Bacon and cheese can be added to burgers and dogs, plan or Cajun-style fries and sodas. Customers can also choose from more than a dozen toppings and sauces.
The Plan Commission unanimously recommended approval, so the request will next go to the Community Development Committee on Nov. 24.
If the permit gets approved, the restaurant would be able to remain open until midnight because it has a separate entrance that would not require patrons to go through the mall.
Five Guys restaurants started 23 years ago on the East Coast and more than 500 eateries operate throughout the United States. Shoppers may be familiar with the Bayshore Mall restaurant. A downtown Milwaukee location is opening next week and Brookfield Square will see one open soon.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning