Hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches make up the menu of what will likely become Mayfair Mall's next restaurant.
Five Guys Burgers and Fries came before the Wauwatosa's Plan Commission on Monday to ask for a permit to operate an eat-in and carry-out restaurant in the first-floor storefront formerly occupied by Sharper Image.
The menu is pretty simple. Bacon and cheese can be added to burgers and dogs, plan or Cajun-style fries and sodas. Customers can also choose from more than a dozen toppings and sauces.
The Plan Commission unanimously recommended approval, so the request will next go to the Community Development Committee on Nov. 24.
If the permit gets approved, the restaurant would be able to remain open until midnight because it has a separate entrance that would not require patrons to go through the mall.
Five Guys restaurants started 23 years ago on the East Coast and more than 500 eateries operate throughout the United States. Shoppers may be familiar with the Bayshore Mall restaurant. A downtown Milwaukee location is opening next week and Brookfield Square will see one open soon.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 26
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa officer rescues seven ducklings trapped in storm sewer
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Remember the fallen; voting in schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 15 - 21
- Wauwatosa School Notes: May 26