Hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches make up the menu of what will likely become Mayfair Mall's next restaurant.
Five Guys Burgers and Fries came before the Wauwatosa's Plan Commission on Monday to ask for a permit to operate an eat-in and carry-out restaurant in the first-floor storefront formerly occupied by Sharper Image.
The menu is pretty simple. Bacon and cheese can be added to burgers and dogs, plan or Cajun-style fries and sodas. Customers can also choose from more than a dozen toppings and sauces.
The Plan Commission unanimously recommended approval, so the request will next go to the Community Development Committee on Nov. 24.
If the permit gets approved, the restaurant would be able to remain open until midnight because it has a separate entrance that would not require patrons to go through the mall.
Five Guys restaurants started 23 years ago on the East Coast and more than 500 eateries operate throughout the United States. Shoppers may be familiar with the Bayshore Mall restaurant. A downtown Milwaukee location is opening next week and Brookfield Square will see one open soon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School