Wauwatosa Fire Department extinguished leaf piles burning in a residential neighborhood Saturday morning.
Crews saw 3-foot-tall flames coming from four large piles of leaves on the street in the 3300 block of North 107th Street and the 10700 block of West Townsend Street when they arrived at 5:38 a.m., according to the Wauwatosa police report.
The fires did not cause any damage. Fire officials said the flames likely were started by a tossed cigarette.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26