Wauwatosa Fire Department extinguished leaf piles burning in a residential neighborhood Saturday morning.
Crews saw 3-foot-tall flames coming from four large piles of leaves on the street in the 3300 block of North 107th Street and the 10700 block of West Townsend Street when they arrived at 5:38 a.m., according to the Wauwatosa police report.
The fires did not cause any damage. Fire officials said the flames likely were started by a tossed cigarette.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwaotsa district presents new teacher compensation structure
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service
- Wauwatosa's city clerk works to put poll workers in place for spring election
- Three more seek seats on Wauwatosa Common Council
- Wauwatosa revaluations likely to be done closer together
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company