Wauwatosa Fire Department extinguished leaf piles burning in a residential neighborhood Saturday morning.
Crews saw 3-foot-tall flames coming from four large piles of leaves on the street in the 3300 block of North 107th Street and the 10700 block of West Townsend Street when they arrived at 5:38 a.m., according to the Wauwatosa police report.
The fires did not cause any damage. Fire officials said the flames likely were started by a tossed cigarette.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director