Wauwatosa Fire Department extinguished leaf piles burning in a residential neighborhood Saturday morning.
Crews saw 3-foot-tall flames coming from four large piles of leaves on the street in the 3300 block of North 107th Street and the 10700 block of West Townsend Street when they arrived at 5:38 a.m., according to the Wauwatosa police report.
The fires did not cause any damage. Fire officials said the flames likely were started by a tossed cigarette.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (8)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series