A Wauwatosa man has been charged with making harassing phone calls to U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl's office.
Timothy Harwood, 55, was arrested Wednesday for using obscene language, racial slurs and making threats during 17 phone calls to Kohl's Milwaukee office between Oct. 23 and Nov. 4, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is investigating the case because the calls allegedly made threats against a federal official. Kohl, D-Wis, has represented the state in the U.S. Senate for 21 years.
Harwood is scheduled to appear at the Milwaukee County Courthouse for a pretrial conference Dec. 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade