A Wauwatosa man has been charged with making harassing phone calls to U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl's office.
Timothy Harwood, 55, was arrested Wednesday for using obscene language, racial slurs and making threats during 17 phone calls to Kohl's Milwaukee office between Oct. 23 and Nov. 4, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is investigating the case because the calls allegedly made threats against a federal official. Kohl, D-Wis, has represented the state in the U.S. Senate for 21 years.
Harwood is scheduled to appear at the Milwaukee County Courthouse for a pretrial conference Dec. 3.
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4