A Wauwatosa man has been charged with making harassing phone calls to U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl's office.
Timothy Harwood, 55, was arrested Wednesday for using obscene language, racial slurs and making threats during 17 phone calls to Kohl's Milwaukee office between Oct. 23 and Nov. 4, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is investigating the case because the calls allegedly made threats against a federal official. Kohl, D-Wis, has represented the state in the U.S. Senate for 21 years.
Harwood is scheduled to appear at the Milwaukee County Courthouse for a pretrial conference Dec. 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings