A Wauwatosa man has been charged with making harassing phone calls to U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl's office.
Timothy Harwood, 55, was arrested Wednesday for using obscene language, racial slurs and making threats during 17 phone calls to Kohl's Milwaukee office between Oct. 23 and Nov. 4, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is investigating the case because the calls allegedly made threats against a federal official. Kohl, D-Wis, has represented the state in the U.S. Senate for 21 years.
Harwood is scheduled to appear at the Milwaukee County Courthouse for a pretrial conference Dec. 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: March 5
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26