A Wauwatosa man has been charged with making harassing phone calls to U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl's office.
Timothy Harwood, 55, was arrested Wednesday for using obscene language, racial slurs and making threats during 17 phone calls to Kohl's Milwaukee office between Oct. 23 and Nov. 4, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is investigating the case because the calls allegedly made threats against a federal official. Kohl, D-Wis, has represented the state in the U.S. Senate for 21 years.
Harwood is scheduled to appear at the Milwaukee County Courthouse for a pretrial conference Dec. 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word