Armed robbers held up a bank on State Street on Wednesday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two masked men entered National City Bank at 9:54 a.m. One of the men jumped over the counter and demanded the teller take him to the vault, while the other told employees to get down on the ground and watched over them while holding a gun.
The men left with an undisclosed amount of money. No one was hurt, but employees were shaken up.
Bank employees described the robbers as black, about 20 years old, between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches, and having medium to slim builds. They were wearing white gloves and surgical masks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meijer to open in Wauwatosa Tuesday
- Fire crews battle flames at Sherwin-Williams Paint Store
- Wauwatosa police search for armed bank robbery suspect
- Tosa letters to the editor: Destination Imagination
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa