Armed robbers held up a bank on State Street on Wednesday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two masked men entered National City Bank at 9:54 a.m. One of the men jumped over the counter and demanded the teller take him to the vault, while the other told employees to get down on the ground and watched over them while holding a gun.
The men left with an undisclosed amount of money. No one was hurt, but employees were shaken up.
Bank employees described the robbers as black, about 20 years old, between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches, and having medium to slim builds. They were wearing white gloves and surgical masks.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety