Armed robbers held up a bank on State Street on Wednesday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two masked men entered National City Bank at 9:54 a.m. One of the men jumped over the counter and demanded the teller take him to the vault, while the other told employees to get down on the ground and watched over them while holding a gun.
The men left with an undisclosed amount of money. No one was hurt, but employees were shaken up.
Bank employees described the robbers as black, about 20 years old, between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches, and having medium to slim builds. They were wearing white gloves and surgical masks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (1)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28