Armed robbers held up a bank on State Street on Wednesday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two masked men entered National City Bank at 9:54 a.m. One of the men jumped over the counter and demanded the teller take him to the vault, while the other told employees to get down on the ground and watched over them while holding a gun.
The men left with an undisclosed amount of money. No one was hurt, but employees were shaken up.
Bank employees described the robbers as black, about 20 years old, between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches, and having medium to slim builds. They were wearing white gloves and surgical masks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 23-29
- 10 Days in Tosa offers map to participating restaurants
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas (1)
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?