Armed robbers held up a bank on State Street on Wednesday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two masked men entered National City Bank at 9:54 a.m. One of the men jumped over the counter and demanded the teller take him to the vault, while the other told employees to get down on the ground and watched over them while holding a gun.
The men left with an undisclosed amount of money. No one was hurt, but employees were shaken up.
Bank employees described the robbers as black, about 20 years old, between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches, and having medium to slim builds. They were wearing white gloves and surgical masks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5
- Public Forum: Women's rights, abortion rights, are not respected
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: March 5
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- OSHA says drill rig involved in construction worker's death at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships