People may notice a purple light emanating from the top of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin this month.
The health care provider has illuminated its building, as well as three trees in front of the building to raise awareness about premature births, the No. 1 cause of infant deaths.
The Wauwatosa hospital treated more than 300 premature babies in 2008.
Prematurity Awareness Day is Nov. 17, but the lights will be on after sunset all month long.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event