People may notice a purple light emanating from the top of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin this month.
The health care provider has illuminated its building, as well as three trees in front of the building to raise awareness about premature births, the No. 1 cause of infant deaths.
The Wauwatosa hospital treated more than 300 premature babies in 2008.
Prematurity Awareness Day is Nov. 17, but the lights will be on after sunset all month long.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa officer rescues seven ducklings trapped in storm sewer
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Remember the fallen; voting in schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 15 - 21
- Wauwatosa School Notes: May 26