People may notice a purple light emanating from the top of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin this month.
The health care provider has illuminated its building, as well as three trees in front of the building to raise awareness about premature births, the No. 1 cause of infant deaths.
The Wauwatosa hospital treated more than 300 premature babies in 2008.
Prematurity Awareness Day is Nov. 17, but the lights will be on after sunset all month long.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings