People may notice a purple light emanating from the top of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin this month.
The health care provider has illuminated its building, as well as three trees in front of the building to raise awareness about premature births, the No. 1 cause of infant deaths.
The Wauwatosa hospital treated more than 300 premature babies in 2008.
Prematurity Awareness Day is Nov. 17, but the lights will be on after sunset all month long.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director