A national drug store chain and a grocery store want to sell beer and liquor at their Wauwatosa locations.
Walgreens has submitted an application to sell alcohol at its four Wauwatosa stores: Mayfair Road, Capitol Drive, State Street and Wauwatosa Avenue. The request is part of a move by Walgreens to make alcoholic beverages part of its sales mix at its 7,000-plus stores nationwide.
Aldi, 12120 W. Burleigh St., also has submitted a request to add beer and liquor to its store shelves.
Both applications will go before the city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (1)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28