A national drug store chain and a grocery store want to sell beer and liquor at their Wauwatosa locations.
Walgreens has submitted an application to sell alcohol at its four Wauwatosa stores: Mayfair Road, Capitol Drive, State Street and Wauwatosa Avenue. The request is part of a move by Walgreens to make alcoholic beverages part of its sales mix at its 7,000-plus stores nationwide.
Aldi, 12120 W. Burleigh St., also has submitted a request to add beer and liquor to its store shelves.
Both applications will go before the city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?