A national drug store chain and a grocery store want to sell beer and liquor at their Wauwatosa locations.
Walgreens has submitted an application to sell alcohol at its four Wauwatosa stores: Mayfair Road, Capitol Drive, State Street and Wauwatosa Avenue. The request is part of a move by Walgreens to make alcoholic beverages part of its sales mix at its 7,000-plus stores nationwide.
Aldi, 12120 W. Burleigh St., also has submitted a request to add beer and liquor to its store shelves.
Both applications will go before the city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Two businesses in same building burglarized
- Wauwatosa Montessori students practice mind-body awareness with help from Growing Minds program
- Exercising eminent domain, Wauwatosa seeks warehouse property for school drop-off site