A national drug store chain and a grocery store want to sell beer and liquor at their Wauwatosa locations.
Walgreens has submitted an application to sell alcohol at its four Wauwatosa stores: Mayfair Road, Capitol Drive, State Street and Wauwatosa Avenue. The request is part of a move by Walgreens to make alcoholic beverages part of its sales mix at its 7,000-plus stores nationwide.
Aldi, 12120 W. Burleigh St., also has submitted a request to add beer and liquor to its store shelves.
Both applications will go before the city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Village streetscape project passes through Tosa's Common Council
- Meijer opens in Wauwatosa, draws overnight campers in parking lot
- Wauwatosa Relay for Life's fundraising, participation double from last year
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: From a personal quest to a rug store in Tosa
- Meijer to open in Wauwatosa Tuesday
- Fire crews battle flames at Sherwin-Williams paint store (1)
- Wauwatosa police search for armed bank robbery suspect
- Tosa letters to the editor: Destination Imagination
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Aug. 6