A national drug store chain and a grocery store want to sell beer and liquor at their Wauwatosa locations.
Walgreens has submitted an application to sell alcohol at its four Wauwatosa stores: Mayfair Road, Capitol Drive, State Street and Wauwatosa Avenue. The request is part of a move by Walgreens to make alcoholic beverages part of its sales mix at its 7,000-plus stores nationwide.
Aldi, 12120 W. Burleigh St., also has submitted a request to add beer and liquor to its store shelves.
Both applications will go before the city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa