A 33-year-old man suspected in 14 robberies in less than three weeks last month in Milwaukee and three suburbs was arrested Monday by Milwaukee police, a department spokesman said Tuesday.
Calvin L. Brown, who was charged last week in connection with four of the Milwaukee robberies, was arrested about 2:30 p.m. at a home on the north side by police acting on a tip, Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said.
Brown is in custody at the Milwaukee County Jail, records show.
The 14 robberies occurred between Oct. 8 and Oct. 28 at businesses in Milwaukee, Glendale, Wauwatosa and West Allis, Stanmeyer said.
Brown punched store employees in at least two of the robberies for which he has been charged, breaking bones in their faces, according to a criminal complaint .
In addition to the robberies in which he has been charged, Brown also is suspected of robbing the Open Pantry at 3301 N. Oakland Ave. on consecutive nights last week, Stanmeyer said.
A 38-year-old man and a 24-year-old man suspected of helping Brown with some of the robberies were arrested last week, Stanmeyer said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (1)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28