A 33-year-old man suspected in 14 robberies in less than three weeks last month in Milwaukee and three suburbs was arrested Monday by Milwaukee police, a department spokesman said Tuesday.
Calvin L. Brown, who was charged last week in connection with four of the Milwaukee robberies, was arrested about 2:30 p.m. at a home on the north side by police acting on a tip, Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said.
Brown is in custody at the Milwaukee County Jail, records show.
The 14 robberies occurred between Oct. 8 and Oct. 28 at businesses in Milwaukee, Glendale, Wauwatosa and West Allis, Stanmeyer said.
Brown punched store employees in at least two of the robberies for which he has been charged, breaking bones in their faces, according to a criminal complaint .
In addition to the robberies in which he has been charged, Brown also is suspected of robbing the Open Pantry at 3301 N. Oakland Ave. on consecutive nights last week, Stanmeyer said.
A 38-year-old man and a 24-year-old man suspected of helping Brown with some of the robberies were arrested last week, Stanmeyer said.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (10)