A 33-year-old man suspected in 14 robberies in less than three weeks last month in Milwaukee and three suburbs was arrested Monday by Milwaukee police, a department spokesman said Tuesday.
Calvin L. Brown, who was charged last week in connection with four of the Milwaukee robberies, was arrested about 2:30 p.m. at a home on the north side by police acting on a tip, Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said.
Brown is in custody at the Milwaukee County Jail, records show.
The 14 robberies occurred between Oct. 8 and Oct. 28 at businesses in Milwaukee, Glendale, Wauwatosa and West Allis, Stanmeyer said.
Brown punched store employees in at least two of the robberies for which he has been charged, breaking bones in their faces, according to a criminal complaint .
In addition to the robberies in which he has been charged, Brown also is suspected of robbing the Open Pantry at 3301 N. Oakland Ave. on consecutive nights last week, Stanmeyer said.
A 38-year-old man and a 24-year-old man suspected of helping Brown with some of the robberies were arrested last week, Stanmeyer said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hazardous waste collection event sets Sept. 12 date
- Tosa Green Summit returns Sept. 12
- Call for Taste of Tosa cupcake and chili registrants
- Wauwatosa West class of '65 to celebrate 50th high school reunion
- Library Recommendations: Sept. 3
- Retired Tosa detective thwarts attempted car thieves, one of whom was 12 (6)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3