A fire that broke out in the garage of a foreclosed home on Halloween is under investigation as a possible arson.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Firefighters responded to a fire in a detached two-car garage in the 7500 block of West Wright Street at 11:50 a.m. Saturday. Damage was contained to a corner of the garage.
A gas can had been found in the garage and there were signs of accelerant inside the structure.
The house has been vacant since the owner died a few years ago. A realty company has been managing the property, which is in foreclosure.
A Wauwatosa resident, who was bicycling with his daughter in the neighborhood, saw the smoke and flames and called 911.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa