A fire that broke out in the garage of a foreclosed home on Halloween is under investigation as a possible arson.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Firefighters responded to a fire in a detached two-car garage in the 7500 block of West Wright Street at 11:50 a.m. Saturday. Damage was contained to a corner of the garage.
A gas can had been found in the garage and there were signs of accelerant inside the structure.
The house has been vacant since the owner died a few years ago. A realty company has been managing the property, which is in foreclosure.
A Wauwatosa resident, who was bicycling with his daughter in the neighborhood, saw the smoke and flames and called 911.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomo
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (20)
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28