A fire that broke out in the garage of a foreclosed home on Halloween is under investigation as a possible arson.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Firefighters responded to a fire in a detached two-car garage in the 7500 block of West Wright Street at 11:50 a.m. Saturday. Damage was contained to a corner of the garage.
A gas can had been found in the garage and there were signs of accelerant inside the structure.
The house has been vacant since the owner died a few years ago. A realty company has been managing the property, which is in foreclosure.
A Wauwatosa resident, who was bicycling with his daughter in the neighborhood, saw the smoke and flames and called 911.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- On The Move: September 4
- Athleta coming to Mayfair
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects