A fire that broke out in the garage of a foreclosed home on Halloween is under investigation as a possible arson.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Firefighters responded to a fire in a detached two-car garage in the 7500 block of West Wright Street at 11:50 a.m. Saturday. Damage was contained to a corner of the garage.
A gas can had been found in the garage and there were signs of accelerant inside the structure.
The house has been vacant since the owner died a few years ago. A realty company has been managing the property, which is in foreclosure.
A Wauwatosa resident, who was bicycling with his daughter in the neighborhood, saw the smoke and flames and called 911.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition