Two men decided to upgrade their Halloween costumes by stealing designer underwear from Macy's at Mayfair Mall on Thursday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 18-year-olds, one from West Allis and one from Cudahy, had gone to a costume party dressed as underwear models, but their generic boxers and briefs fell flat with the crowd.
They decided some Armani underwear might make them more believable, so they took a pack of each style available in that brand.
Their plan was foiled by an anonymous tipster who called the store's security staff and warned them of the impending crime.
Both men received retail theft citations.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?