Two men decided to upgrade their Halloween costumes by stealing designer underwear from Macy's at Mayfair Mall on Thursday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 18-year-olds, one from West Allis and one from Cudahy, had gone to a costume party dressed as underwear models, but their generic boxers and briefs fell flat with the crowd.
They decided some Armani underwear might make them more believable, so they took a pack of each style available in that brand.
Their plan was foiled by an anonymous tipster who called the store's security staff and warned them of the impending crime.
Both men received retail theft citations.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94