Two men decided to upgrade their Halloween costumes by stealing designer underwear from Macy's at Mayfair Mall on Thursday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 18-year-olds, one from West Allis and one from Cudahy, had gone to a costume party dressed as underwear models, but their generic boxers and briefs fell flat with the crowd.
They decided some Armani underwear might make them more believable, so they took a pack of each style available in that brand.
Their plan was foiled by an anonymous tipster who called the store's security staff and warned them of the impending crime.
Both men received retail theft citations.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options