Two men decided to upgrade their Halloween costumes by stealing designer underwear from Macy's at Mayfair Mall on Thursday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 18-year-olds, one from West Allis and one from Cudahy, had gone to a costume party dressed as underwear models, but their generic boxers and briefs fell flat with the crowd.
They decided some Armani underwear might make them more believable, so they took a pack of each style available in that brand.
Their plan was foiled by an anonymous tipster who called the store's security staff and warned them of the impending crime.
Both men received retail theft citations.
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (22)
- Our newspaper website is changing